Talk

Advanced search

Realistic fake trees?

(12 Posts)
MackerelOfFact Mon 31-Oct-16 15:10:17

Has anyone got or seen a convincing artificial tree? I love real trees but can't justify the expense (or tree death) so am toying with either buying a living one and recyling it for a few years (which is risky, I know) or getting a realistic artificial one. I hate the uniform branches, colour and triangularity of most artificial trees and you can instantly tell when a tree isn't rea.

It doesn't need to be huge, I'd rather it was small and authentic than sprawling and fake. Around 4ft would be ideal, preferably less than £50.

I'm eyeing up this one and also this one (which looked more realistic in the shop - this is the smaller version which shows it looking more realistic).

Saw a lovely one in TK Maxx the other week but decided it was too early to buy it and am now regretting it.

Does anyone own or know where I might procure such a thing?

MackerelOfFact Mon 31-Oct-16 15:50:41

Ooh this is a bit out of budget but lovely. Hmm.

MackerelOfFact Mon 31-Oct-16 22:28:58

That'll be nobody, then! grin

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 31-Oct-16 22:30:33

What about the white company

Havent checked sizes and prices but i liked the one i saw in line

John lewis had a lovely one last year

NameNumber2 Mon 31-Oct-16 22:31:19

Try Balsam Hill, really beautiful and last for many many years.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 31-Oct-16 22:31:29

I like the house of fraser one

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 31-Oct-16 22:32:03

My fake tree is 26 years old this year and i still get people asking if it is real

HolgerDanske Tue 01-Nov-16 06:43:39

I saw one in Homebase but it was also £100. A remarkably good rendition of a Nordmann fir. I am going to wait until it's in the sale. Or until the 1st of Dec.

MackerelOfFact Tue 01-Nov-16 07:24:04

Ooh the White Company ones look stunning in the pictures, the reviews say they don't look as good in the flesh though. I could stretch to £65 for the small one, am tempted.

The foliage of the Balsam Hill ones looks incredibly realistic but they still seem to have that slightly-too-perfect triangle shape.

MarjorySunshineDust Sat 05-Nov-16 16:46:30

I'm looking for one as well, feel the same about the Balsam Hill trees, I want something less perfect! They had some that looked good in John Lewis last year stupidly didn't buy.

FormerlyCatherineDeB Sat 05-Nov-16 17:46:08

My tree is from BH - believe me when I say that it doesn't look perfect when arranged by yours truly. I reckon they must spend a week getting the branches to look like that whereas I do mine in an hour incl decorations!

AxminsterCarpet Sat 05-Nov-16 18:41:44

I saw a White Company one in the flesh last year and thought it looked lovely and very realistic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now