Ideas for 5yrs, 3yrs and 14month girls

(6 Posts)
stillnotjustamummy Mon 31-Oct-16 00:34:17

I'm totally stuck on what to get them for Christmas. I want to avoid Disney and more My Little Pony stuff. Oldest quite likes space... small Lego is banned because the baby eats it. What are you planning for your small children this Christmas ?

patchesmcp Mon 31-Oct-16 18:55:03

My 5 year old is definitely getting Lego, a fun backpack, model kit, books, peg rocket. He's also possibly getting a telescope, hama beads, bean bag, battleship game and Uno.

3 year old is getting a new pushchair, twin dolls, fun rucksack, books, dress up shoes. Possibly getting bean bag, craft stuff.

They'll both get some clothes, selection box, etc.

If she likes space what about some of the usborne books on space? Lift the flap ones and really informative. My 5 year old likes them. Do you have a play kitchen, train track etc? Both of mine enjoy those. Orchard toy games? Baking stuff?

Toomanywheeliebinsagain Mon 31-Oct-16 19:02:10

Watching with interest

stillnotjustamummy Tue 01-Nov-16 00:36:59

Ooh a peg rocket sounds fun. We have the lift the flap books already. I can't do more Lego at the moment as the 14month is in the eating it stage and the bigger two can't always be relied on to put it out of her way. What kind of board games do others like? We have several Orchard Toy games, but I think the oldest is ready for a step up.

AmyC86 Tue 01-Nov-16 01:08:49

I've been asked to getc my nephews one 5 one 4 a chalk and whiteboard on an A-frame easel. Failing this request from both Dsis and SIL it would have been books this year I think, done clothes far too many times & they definitely get enough toys from everyone else.

patchesmcp Tue 01-Nov-16 06:11:20

Both of mine enjoy Frustration, Buckaroo and a version of snakes and ladders. The oldest also likes Dobble junior and Connect 4.

I've thought about getting Disney Rummy as I loved Rummikub when I was a kid. Also Monopoly junior.

Do they swim? The rucksacks I'm getting mine are Paddlepaks, so fun and practical. We already have a Shark Fin which the 3 year old uses when we take her swimming but was a present for my DS a few years ago and has been used a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now