Christmas presents for soon to be first time parents

(11 Posts)
bringonyourwreckingball Sun 30-Oct-16 20:36:27

My BIL and SIL are expecting twins early in the new year. I have 2 children so am aware enough that their lives are about to change beyond all recognition and they won't have a great deal of time for the things they enjoy doing now or space for 'stuff'. So I'm at a complete loss for ideas for Christmas and would really like to get them gifts which will genuinely make life a bit easier or nicer at what will be a really difficult (although joyful) time. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas? They're both 40, into football and gaming, travel a lot

jools20 Mon 31-Oct-16 00:00:20

meal delivery vouchers from "Cook" usually go down well

NapQueen Mon 31-Oct-16 00:03:20

An Amazon fire stick or similar as box sets are a saviour during the foggy new baby weeks.

KC225 Tue 01-Nov-16 03:25:26

A single party (male) friend bought us the box set of The Wire and loads of microwave popcorn when we had twins. He handed it over with 'cause I don't suppose you'll get out much now' As mad as it sounds, it was one of my favourite new baby presents. He was right.

A good box set and microwave popcorn.

MTWTFSS Tue 01-Nov-16 06:40:00

aden and anais muslin

ChristmasEvePJs Tue 01-Nov-16 07:29:21

Two good quality thermos travel mugs and a national trust pass!

doodlejump1980 Tue 01-Nov-16 07:38:03

Get them a perfect prep machine. With twins on the way they're a godsend. (If not bf-ing).
Agree box set and snacks sound great. Or a jessops voucher / photo shoot voucher for when the babies arrive?

BeaLola Tue 01-Nov-16 09:49:17

I think box set and popcorn supply sounds great !

What is yr budget - could you extend to adding above to a hamper with say vouchers for cook or similar, "Dad" key ring and say Emma. Ridge water mug with "Mummy" on it , some lovely handcream, lovely book to read yo babies, cd of music etc etc

BeaLola Tue 01-Nov-16 09:49:41

Do you know what sex babies are ?

PixieMiss Tue 01-Nov-16 10:08:26

I would definitely lean towards presents for "them" as opposed to things for the babies.

NickyEds Tue 01-Nov-16 14:44:13

Our first baby was due on Christmas Eve and MIL bought us warm pjs, socks, some fleece blankets, nice hot chocolate and lots of nice biscuits- they all came in very handy as it did get chilly being g up in the night. It was one of those things that you don't really think about until you have kids- how will I be comfortable whilst being awake all night in January!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now