Talk

Advanced search

Main present for 10 year old girl

(11 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:24:05

Dd is almost 11, she has ASD and a few other conditions, she has already had a new iPad this year and doesn't play with much else, loves ripping up paper and making a mess, can't ride a bike due to other conditions (did have a trike but it didn't get used), she's not very girly so not into clothes or make up. Likes Lego and building things but not sure I want to buy any more Lego or knex ( house is full of Lego ). Any ideas?

PhantomPringles Sun 30-Oct-16 19:27:26

Airfix kit?

Eva50 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:35:10

Is she at all musical. Would she like a musical instrument, perhaps a keyboard and some lessons. Ds2 has ASD and started violin at 8 and then piano last year at 18! So many of his friendships have been made through music and he plays his violin in orchestras. He wishes he had started piano earlier as he finds it very calming to sit and play to himself.

annandale Sun 30-Oct-16 19:35:19

Bow and arrows
Minecraft handbook
Tent - either for use as an actual camping tent or as a den
Papier mache kit (i.e. a big plastic bowl from Poundland or wherever, lots of newspaper, glue - maybe also a balloon and instructions for making this

Lovemusic33 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:46:42

Airfix is a good idea, she has a slight obsession with bmw's at the moment so a model to build could be a option.

She has a guitar and keyboard, she loves music but refuses to have lessons (plays by ear).

I don't really want to get her anything messy, she tends to get a bit carried away with crafty things and ends up redecorating the house.

DOTLEYtheONEeyedDINO Sun 30-Oct-16 20:00:42

Can she sew? Does she want to learn?
I made all sorts of things out of felt when I was that age. I'd get ideas of (e.g. a bird) from a colouring book, then set about cutting up the felt and sewing one. Hours of happy, quiet fun.

KC225 Mon 31-Oct-16 09:53:53

Not a main presenr but my daughter loves sequin art

TheWomanTheyCallJayne Wed 02-Nov-16 14:36:01

I have similar problems so interested to hear from people

FormerlyCatherineDeB Thu 03-Nov-16 18:07:35

A desk and chair here for a big present - it seems harder this year!

NancyJoan Thu 03-Nov-16 18:13:04

My DD is almost 11. She is asking for Converse, new roller skates, a ukulele, and some drawing stuff.

TheWomanTheyCallJayne Mon 07-Nov-16 00:15:36

We think we've settled on a (cheap) digital camera. She has a tablet she can take photos on but we don't like it leaving the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now