Talk

Advanced search

Christmas bedding - yay or nay?

(62 Posts)
PopcornFiend Sat 29-Oct-16 22:47:56

I am undecided on Christmas bedding. DH thinks tacky & unnecessary but is willing to go along with as he knows how hopelessly excited I get about Christmas.

What do you think.. Jazzy kids christmas duvets, and then maybe a tasteful fairisle for our bed? What do you all have, if any (and where to buy?)

yesterdaysunshine Sat 29-Oct-16 22:49:22

Yay. I got some from asda today. DH is not thrilled !

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 29-Oct-16 22:51:25

Yes!

First time last year. Wish I'd done it years ago.

OhtoblazeswithElvira Sat 29-Oct-16 22:53:10

Yay!

But I haven't found the one I want yet. I don't want a picture of a wolf or a giant Father Christmas face on my bed. I think I will know The One when it comes along grin

I am happy to take inspiration from others so I look forward to everyone's links and pics- TIA smile

PopcornFiend Sat 29-Oct-16 22:53:20

I've seen a nice red & white Skandi set on the asda website, but the kids selection seems really poor. Will there be a flood of new designs out in the coming weeks do you think?

NickiFury Sat 29-Oct-16 22:53:50

We do. It's fun isn't it? 😊

clippityclop Sat 29-Oct-16 22:57:57

Doing it for the first time this year. Usually get teen dds new pjs for Christmas Eve but they've got loads that still fit so bought Santa duvet covers, 100% cotton from Amazon. Haven't got any for our room but quite tempted!

ScarlettDarling Sat 29-Oct-16 23:02:45

I got a brushed cotton tartan set, so not really Christmassy but really warm and cosy looking.

ohforfoxsake Sat 29-Oct-16 23:03:44

Yes it's tacky and unnecessary. A lot of Christmas is. Therefore making it essential.

ChocolateBudgeCake Sat 29-Oct-16 23:17:32

I would hesitate because of having to store it for 11 months of the year.

I'd love to get some really though, and a whole Christmas set of crockery. Same issue of storage through!

WiltingTulip Sat 29-Oct-16 23:18:27

I do a Christmas pillowcase but I can't stand clutter/cupboards full of stuff so the thought of storing bedding for most of the year horrifies me.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Sat 29-Oct-16 23:18:54

No.

I do a lot of Christmas things, but don't see the point in this tbh.

WiltingTulip Sat 29-Oct-16 23:19:06

Or exactly what chocolate said grin

Wenchelda Sat 29-Oct-16 23:22:28

We are having Christmas duvet covers for the first time this year, though I think the ones I've chosen are more wintery rather than just for Christmas, iyswim? Red and white one for the DCs, other one for our bed smile

attheendoftheday Sun 30-Oct-16 01:04:41

I am tempted but avoiding because of the need to store it.

WiltingTulip Sun 30-Oct-16 03:21:41

Ah, a Christmas pillowcase is a perfect compromise for you attheendoftgeday takes up no room!!

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 30-Oct-16 06:43:38

Got some last year for DD, she loves it.

I've got white bedding so just add a lovely red throw to make it feel a bit more festive!

mailfuckoff Sun 30-Oct-16 06:55:30

My dc have personalised Christmas duvet sets, they get stored in the Christmas boxes in the attic during the year. St and I have a new tasteful set. He had no say in any of this.

Tumtitum Sun 30-Oct-16 07:12:28

I came on this thread to say that I love Christmas but the duvets are a step too far... but I think I have been converted! How exciting! grin

whirlygirly Sun 30-Oct-16 07:14:51

I agree with Scarlett - tartan brushed cotton is as far as I'm going. smile

Mindtrope Sun 30-Oct-16 07:20:00

I have "winter" bedding, So can be used for 5 months, brushed cotton, check, scandic themes, DD has a set with snow scenes. I wouldn't buy just christmas stuff as won't get much use.

TippiNoodlegruder Sun 30-Oct-16 07:25:27

We have "December" bedding that goes on on the first of December. A grey and white flannel fairisle set, and a new red checked flannel set for this year so we can alternate. The kids don't change theirs, I'm always tempted to get some for them but it would be a pain to store at least three extra sets. I don't think they'd be overly into it anyway.

allegretto Sun 30-Oct-16 07:28:20

I have nothing against Christmas bedding but am a bit surprised that so many on the Christmas card thread were saying it's wasteful and bad for the environment to send a few cards - yet fine to buy whole new sets of bedding for a few weeks' use! thlgrin

mailfuckoff Sun 30-Oct-16 08:06:01

Its new bedding that can be used for many years. You don't just throw it out after Christmas!

kilmuir Sun 30-Oct-16 08:08:53

No! I am with DH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now