Talk

Advanced search

Easy veggie main for one

(7 Posts)
Heirhelp Sun 23-Oct-16 09:48:35

As above. We need to be able to make it in advance to take along on the day.

frogsandco Sun 23-Oct-16 16:53:02

How about a mushroom wellington? I did that one Christmas and it was delicious. I made it the day before and cooked it on the day but I'm sure it would be just as nice cooked beforehand and eaten cold. Alternatively there are loads of nut roasts etc that you can buy ready made. I mostly just buy in these days as it's such a faff making it just for one (I'm the only vegetarian in my family).

clary Sun 23-Oct-16 16:59:15

I did stuffed peppers for my brother one year, just made up a stuffing with veg - mushrooms, tomatoes and onions etc - plus wild rice for interest, piled it into the pepper and roasted in the oven. Could easily do in advance. because of the tomatoes etc it wasn't dry so did OK without any sauce. Or you could make red wine and onion gravy.

originalmavis Sun 23-Oct-16 17:00:16

I always have veggie haggis! With all the veggies (obviously not goose fat potatoes).

Starter is either a thick broth or a Walnut and stilton salad.

Scribblegirl Sun 23-Oct-16 17:01:53

I was also going to say mushroom Wellington, we did them for a friend last Xmas and it went down a storm. Don't forget about gravy if like me you are a meat juice user!

frogsandco Sun 23-Oct-16 18:23:22

Ooh yes Scribblegirl I made a lovely porcini (sp?) mushroom sauce to go with my wellingtons 😋Bit nicer than the usual veggie Bisto I usually rely on.

MTWTFSS Sun 23-Oct-16 18:46:29

If it's just for 1 person I'd buy something ready made! M&S do some lovely individual quiche.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now