Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for surrogate Grandparents

(12 Posts)
Hedgyhoggy Wed 19-Oct-16 13:49:27

My 3 dc (3,7& 10) receive beautiful and thoughtful Christmas and Birthday gifts from a lovely couple who having no Grandchildren of their own say that they like to spoil ours! I'm struggling for present ideas, nothing too expensive (£20 max) because I think it might embarrass them. Thanks

Sosidges Wed 19-Oct-16 14:24:03

If it was me, I would like a Dundee Cake.

Enkopkaffetak Wed 19-Oct-16 15:06:02

Just suggested these on another thread but Tea Flasks

Somerville Wed 19-Oct-16 15:10:08

Something made by the children, surely? Or one of those photo calendars.

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Wed 19-Oct-16 16:47:08

Voucher for a meal or afternoon tea

FrancisCrawford Wed 19-Oct-16 18:45:50

I was going to suggest a photo calendar too.
It's a lovely, personal gift and handy too!

fraggle84 Wed 19-Oct-16 19:11:03

Voucher for afternoon tea in a card designed by the dc

poldarker Wed 19-Oct-16 19:15:00

Sounds like these lovely people probably get a lot of pleasure from spending time with your children - can you invite them to spend the day with you doing something special (that you will pay for!)?

LikeSilver Wed 19-Oct-16 20:10:03

Mine have a surrogate Granny too; a lady who lives at my mum's retirement complex who hasn't got children. She is a talented knitter and seamstress, and the complex runs a weekly knitting group, so last year we got her a knitting bag embroidered with her name from NOTHS, and made her a card with a photo of the children on. She was very touched, she wasn't expecting anything I don't think.

BeaLola Wed 19-Oct-16 22:23:59

I would say a photo calendar of the children, a card made by children or a handmade Christmas decoration.

If you had a local pantomime near you could you get say 2x family ticket offer and take them with you ?

redcaryellowcar Wed 19-Oct-16 22:27:43

Could you get the Children to paint pottery, maybe Christmas decorations for them?

hopeful31yrs Thu 20-Oct-16 04:47:52

The past 2 years I've had a mug made with pictures from the year of my DD for my husband as a stocking filler. We've got one for 2014 and one for 2015 and he loved them.

It worked well for him as he doesn't really have a permanent desk space so can't take pictures into work with him but he takes his mug and has her beaming back at him all day xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now