Best secondhand games console?

(6 Posts)
WeevilKnievel Tue 18-Oct-16 23:08:11

I'm thinking of getting my kids a secondhand games console but haven't got a clue which would be best.
I'm thinking maybe an Xbox or a PlayStation?
They are 8 and 5 and I'd be looking to get them a couple of games including minecraft.
Is there one which is slightly better for kids games? It wouldn't be used for adult games at all.

Thanks smile

Namechangingbastard Wed 19-Oct-16 09:22:54

My dd9 has an xbox but because it's not the latest version we did struggle a bit for suitable games. She plays minecraft etc on hers. Have a nosy in cash converters or similar and see what they have.

MephistophelesApprentice Wed 19-Oct-16 09:26:58

I prefer the Xbox as a console, but if you're buying second hand, go for playstation of any generation.

About 8 years ago my friend bought my old PS2 off me. I'd bought it second hand from another friend. It's still running just fine now, and he's replaced his second hand xbox 360 three times in the same period. Playstations are remarkably robust and likely to keep working longer.

MiaowTheCat Wed 19-Oct-16 09:29:37

We have pretty much every console here... the Playstations (right back to PSone) get used much much more than any of the Xboxes

Heavenscent86 Wed 19-Oct-16 09:40:53

Have you considered a Wii u? You can get minecraft for it now and when I was choosing a console I thought there weee lots more children's games and family type games on it.

WeevilKnievel Wed 19-Oct-16 13:59:02

Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look are the Wii U, though I've got a couple of friends that had Wii's and don't recommend it. That could be the old style one though.
Otherwise will check out the PlayStations grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now