Home put together beauty advent calender

(9 Posts)
frazzled74 Fri 14-Oct-16 11:04:09

I'm making one of these for dn. any hints for getting cheap sample sized products please? And I also need an empty Calender to put them in. I would prefer a box type one rather than fabric wall hung one.

Wormwoodm Fri 14-Oct-16 11:23:54

Go around all of the beauty counters and say you'd like to try something as have allergies so don't want to buy a big bottle without trying first?
They can normally give some samples.

Leeds2 Fri 14-Oct-16 11:56:35

Going by comments on another thread, ask your friends if they have drawers full of toiletries taken from hotel rooms, that they never use, and if they will let you have them.

frazzled74 Fri 14-Oct-16 13:11:51

Good tips, actually I have a cousin who stays regularly in posh hotels, might tap her up!

Blueisthemagicnumber Fri 14-Oct-16 16:16:36

MUA in Superdrug have cheap, but great make up products. Perhaps include one of those egg application sponges.

memyselfandaye Fri 14-Oct-16 16:19:11

Hobbycraft have unpainted advent trains and Xmas trees.

memyselfandaye Fri 14-Oct-16 16:20:32

Oh and Lush give out samples in little pots.

usernumber007 Sat 15-Oct-16 08:49:31

John Lewis have a lovely empty advent calendar HERE. Then look out for free samples in magazines or websites. Boots (I think) are giving away a free sample of the new Chanel perfume. L'occitane, mac, benefit etc all give free samples with each order so you could buy one cheap think and add samples too. Or go to beauty counters and they usually have samples. Lush do as well. Have fun!

civilfawlty Sat 15-Oct-16 17:13:40

I found this empty advent calendar on etsy, which you print and cut out

www.etsy.com/uk/listing/257694093/print-your-own-diy-advent-calendar?ref=related_listings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now