Talk

Advanced search

Easily transportable gift ideas please!

(6 Posts)
ChipIn Fri 14-Oct-16 07:01:24

DH and I live a plane trip away from both our families and this year we're going home for Christmas with our DD who will have just turned one. We each have large families who of course want to buy gifts for DD but I'm not sure what to suggest as we need to fly them back home. I can pack light if I need to and buy an extra case for the trip but still, there'll be around 15 people who will buy for her!

Can anyone please suggest light / small gifts for a one year old?!

Artandco Fri 14-Oct-16 07:11:01

She's 1, so the gifts she won't really acknowledge anyway. So I would ask for semi practical you will be buying anyway the next few months

-First chunky crayons/ pencils
-Clothes ( ask for particular items if needed i.e. Slippers and raincoat and pyjamas)
-books, mini ones for plane and future journeys if possible
-schleich play animals ( last forever)
- aqua draw

Amalfimamma Fri 14-Oct-16 07:26:46

In the same situation as you. Last year when we went home we sent the gifts back via courier but most of my relatives gave us gift cards from stores which deliver to Italy and once home we ordered what we wanted for dd

NightCzar Fri 14-Oct-16 07:32:20

We also shipped some of the gifts back. A one year old won't mind not seeing them for a while.

Artandco Fri 14-Oct-16 07:34:35

Or yes depending on where you live, could you maybe suggest a large item they can all contribute to? Like a little playhouse or toddler climbing frame for the garden? You can show them the one you like and ask they all contribute

ChipIn Fri 14-Oct-16 09:45:24

Thank you everyone. I love the look of aqua draw - I'd never seen that before!

Also love the idea of a contribution to something like a play house. We get loads of sun here so outdoor items are fab as we have lots of chance to use them. It'd be good to have little things on the day too so she can join in opening gifts with her cousins so we can get a good balance.

Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now