We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you took your children to see FC or SC or whatever your preference was .... How would you feel if he was in his 20s?

(13 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Thu 13-Oct-16 20:11:29

As in DS, 21 years old has the chance of a job to be FC or SC at local shopping centre

He has a very deep voice and beard (but brown) so would need either to make it white or wear a false one

He is an actor but just wondered how you guys would feel with it being a young FC or SC rather than an old man underneath the costume?

BikeRunSki Thu 13-Oct-16 20:12:58

21 is old to children. As long as he did the job right, I'd be fine.

IminaPickle Thu 13-Oct-16 20:18:33

They wouldn't notice. I have a picture of me aged 5 with what is very obviously my Grandad and I was oblivious.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Thu 13-Oct-16 20:21:58

21 is old to children Sad but true, he'll be fine grin

Imissmy0ldusername Thu 13-Oct-16 20:27:14

And there was me thinking you were concerned about taking your 21 year old to see Santa, which, by the way would have been brilliant. Nah, it's not a problem at all, surely? Your DS will totally cut his teeth in the acting world doing this, it will hopefully be a valuable time for him in terms of entertaining small people. I have a fairly large group of friends who are entertainers, and I'm sure they would say the same. Seeing things through a childs' eyes is something my entertainer friends really get a lot out of. Good luck to him smile

giraffesarefab Thu 13-Oct-16 20:50:50

I thought you were taking your 20 something son to see santa!

I'm sure the littles won't notice.

RTKangaMummy Thu 13-Oct-16 20:54:32

WOW thank you everyone smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

You guys are really deffo brill

Thank you for your messages of encouragement

I think it would certainly cause some smiles/strange looks if I went along with him as my child, he is over 6' tall with a very deep bass voice gringringrin

MoggyP Thu 13-Oct-16 20:56:23

A young, fit Santa could go down extremely well.

The DC won't be the ones who notice...

RTKangaMummy Fri 14-Oct-16 02:40:25

smile

graphista Fri 14-Oct-16 08:53:19

To make his beard grey/white - dry shampoo hope he has fun

FireflyGirl Fri 14-Oct-16 20:55:39

The kids probably wouldn't even notice. If they did, he could tell them he gets older the closer it gets to Christmas Eve, and by Christmas Day he's ancient. As a parent, as long as he had an answer if the child asked, I wouldn't care.

If the parents ask, he could always say that he's trying out a new look for Mrs Claus fwink

GiraffesAndButterflies Fri 14-Oct-16 21:14:07

Everyone knows FC can time travel, how else does he get round all the houses? Like, duh.

I'd be more worried about checking he has ready answers to "I know you're not really FC" "My friend Becky says you're really my mum and dad" and "Can I have a pony?"

Oh and if he likes fantasy novels, get him Terry Pratchett's Hogfather grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 15-Oct-16 22:03:55

When DD was 1.6 and DS was 4yo we went to Deal Castle in Kent , their Father Christmas was very young (not sure if 21 but certainly 20s fgrin )

DS didn't question and DD was too little.

If he puts enough padding round his middle and practices his "Ho Ho Ho2 he'll be fine fwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now