Talk

Advanced search

Stumped for ideas for 9 / 10 year old ..... any great ideas?

(12 Posts)
iwantavuvezela Tue 11-Oct-16 14:34:54

I cant seem to think of anything to buy my DD for Christmas. (as a main gift)

Actually, that's a lie ..... her watch broke so I can replace that ..... another idea was getting her a reading lamp for her room, or perhaps a lava lamp ....

Another idea was a camera .... (not the polaroid one) but one for her to muck around with ..... any ideas on what might be suitable?

For a few smaller gifts there's the usual stationary and Claire's options .... but not feeling very inspired !

Anyway was looking for inspiration from others before settling on an idea!

LooseSeal Tue 11-Oct-16 14:39:11

My DD really wants a 3D pen. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IERNCAK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d1_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=CS4XP114YQ8EJWRJJ9PZ&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=46116ddd-2f81-4403-837b-cd4c98a81448&pf_rd_i=desktop

Not necessarily the one in the link, I just put that there to show what I meant. I'm still looking into the best one for her as there are quite a few on the market and they range a fair bit in price.

ShowMeTheElf Tue 11-Oct-16 14:40:25

Scissor scooter?

iwantavuvezela Tue 11-Oct-16 14:51:17

LooseSeal - that 3D pen looks really interesting - DD is an arty type child so she could well love that.

Showmetheelf - I should have mentioned we are going away for Xmas, so trying to think of smaller/ish items to transport there and back! Thank you for the idea though

braceybracegirl Tue 11-Oct-16 14:52:57

My DD almost 9 wants some sort of light art box. Not really sure what it is!

iwantavuvezela Tue 11-Oct-16 14:58:19

www.amazon.co.uk/Modern-Illumination-Ultra-Slim-Tracing-Lightbox/dp/B01DM204WQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476194191&sr=8-3&keywords=art+light+box

braceybracegirl, a quick google on Amazon brings up lots of these - DD would really love that! Will ear mark that as a definite idea!

franksidebottom Tue 11-Oct-16 15:15:12

My dd loves chocolate moulds

braceybracegirl Tue 11-Oct-16 18:03:37

Fantastic thank you!

Strikingclock Tue 11-Oct-16 18:06:22

Bat detector

noramum Tue 11-Oct-16 18:59:35

DD turned 9 in July and recent good main gifts for her and what I saw what friends received are:

small digital camera - DD uses my old one, I think it is a 10megapixel Lumix. DH got it for me but I know only use my iphone if I don't carry the SLR with me
ipod station
Kindle or other ebook reader. We consider a Kobo for DD as it is suitable for the ebooks at our library where as a Kindle is not.
Theatre tickets
Experience voucher, DD got a zookeeper for her birthday
annual membership/pass for an attraction
Desk and chair for her room

Other things are:
jewellery like a necklace/bracelet
clothes I wouldn't buy normally
Magazine subscription
Boardgames
items for room, beanbag, desk accessories, lamp, duvet covers. They move from child to pre-teen/teenager and DD doesn't do the so-called "baby" motives anymore
hobby equipment she doesn't need (that's covered throughout the year) but nice to have
backpack
small suitcase, again DD outgrew the cutie-ness one and deserved a more grown-up version

noramum Tue 11-Oct-16 19:01:23

Oh, DD also very much moved over to Audiobooks, especially on car journeys or when we have to wait anywhere. We move the CDs into itunes and then download them to an old iphone (or ipod) and she listen with headphone.

It also means I have the car radio back for myself.....

iwantavuvezela Tue 11-Oct-16 20:23:13

Noramum thank you for that. Audiobooks a good call. Will look up the digital camera you mentioned as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now