Talk

Advanced search

Delia's 'curdling' cake recipe

(6 Posts)
Mallowmarshmallow Sat 08-Oct-16 17:55:19

I normally use Delia's recipe that has a line in the instructions something along the lines of 'don't worry if it looks curdled at this stage, with all this lovely stuff in it it'll be a great cake'.....

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't seem to be able to find the recipe online this year and would greatly appreciate a pointer if anyone has got a link.

AnaPhase88 Sun 09-Oct-16 12:45:05

Hi, Marshmallow ,
I've used one of Delia's for a fruit cake. I have steeped the fruits before and I sometimes find that the alcohol makes the mix curdle- it goes a bit lumpy and the actual cake batter isn't very smooth. If you add in a tablespoon of your flour, it can reduce the chances of it happening.
HTH

travelmad Sun 09-Oct-16 12:54:15

I use that one too! Its Delia's classic Christmas cake - it seems to have disappeared off her website but its been blogged here goodfoodshared.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/delias-rich-fruit-cake.html

IloveBabyBubbles Sun 09-Oct-16 16:39:04

www.deliaonline.com/information-centre/scaling-up-cake-recipes

It's this cake, albeit not that exact wording
Mine ALWAYS curdles...

IloveBabyBubbles Sun 09-Oct-16 16:40:23

Should have said, method is at the bottom.

Mallowmarshmallow Sun 09-Oct-16 20:48:39

Brilliant, thank you so much.
(And for reassuring me I'm not going mad and not being able to find it in it's original form either...!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now