Talk

Advanced search

Tasteful Christmas Jumper

(20 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 07-Oct-16 14:55:32

I cannot post this on Style&Beauty , there will be the upthrowing of hands and gasps of Oxymoron

Last year I coveted something fine knit (not wool, I'll go acrylic for the occasion) with gold or silver but Not Just Sequins, has to be Proper Festive.

I saw one in Asda (black with tiny reindeer in bronze or gold) but it wasn't instore.
Lots of places had pink or teal (not Christmas colours IMO)

I'm looking at QVC and liking some of the tops but I want to buy instore/pay less/not have to buy them now (they will sell out)

I bought a monochrome winter trees top, nice and wintery , I wore several times in December , and a green/gold jumper in Primark for the big day.

So, where did you all look last year? Where's the best place to look for this Annual Challenge to Style and Decency fgrin

IfartInYourGeneralDirection Fri 07-Oct-16 16:02:43

fshock
Christmas isn't the time for taste

flapjackfairy Fri 07-Oct-16 19:04:32

Boohoo.com have some v reasonably priced. Next had lovely ones last year not looked this yr yet.

OverAndAbove Fri 07-Oct-16 19:46:17

I ended up last year chasing a woman down the street in late November to ask where she got her lovely pale grey jumper with a sequin reindeer on - I think she said Next but in any case it was way too late as you do need to get them around about now.

Good luck and let us know!

IfartInYourGeneralDirection Fri 07-Oct-16 19:49:12

How about this?

NotAMammy Fri 07-Oct-16 19:59:13

John Lewis normally have gorge ones, but in the past I've purchased from New Look and Primark. My aim is to get a collection of 5 so I can wear a different one to work every day for the last week.

I vaguely remember coveting one from Next last year. Asda had one that looked nice online but wasn't good in real life

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 08-Oct-16 09:49:32

fgrin yes I asked some random stranger where their jumper was from and they'd had it for years <<boo>>

I want black/silver or black/gold
No lairy sayings (no I've Been Good All Year or Merry Kissmas type)

I'll have a look in Next and H&M

Last year M&S were nice but pale pink or baby blue fshock Not Christmas Colours in my world

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 08-Oct-16 09:51:06

Ooh IFart I just looked at that picture close up.

NoNoNo to Tinsel Tits thank you fwink

Hoppinggreen Sat 08-Oct-16 09:51:41

I got a nice one from next last year.
Don't shop there much but it was a really nice grey slouchy one with a black vest underneath and a tasteful black reindeer on it

Freezingwinter Sat 08-Oct-16 10:22:59

I got two really nice ones from George at Asda. One was a long tunic style jumper in pale grey with dark greet sequins. I actually wore it Christmas Day. The other is a shorter one, also grey, with pink and red robins on. They wash well, and aren't too expensive. And I don't think they're overly gaudy either!

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Sat 08-Oct-16 22:04:23

NOTHS have some lovely ones

Cakescakescakes Sat 08-Oct-16 22:05:36

Warehouse had some nice ones last year.

Cocolepew Sat 08-Oct-16 22:09:23

wintery from Matalan

Cocolepew Sat 08-Oct-16 22:11:18

I have this, though its a bit tasteful for megrin

evelynj Sat 08-Oct-16 22:17:05

I got a lovely one from h&m a few years ago in a fair isle style in an orangey red & cream, (I need autumnal colours) & haven't found anything the last 2 years for under £35 sad

ThanksForAllTheFish Sat 08-Oct-16 23:24:40

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for grin

evelynj Sat 08-Oct-16 23:32:36

Haha thanks, not for me ta smile

littleprincesssara Mon 10-Oct-16 02:00:31

I've seen David Tennant wearing that exact jumper, but in slightly different colours.

Blueisthemagicnumber Mon 10-Oct-16 09:16:11

John Lewis is what you are looking for. They do a selection each year. Money used to go to charity, but I'm not sure if it still does. here

HairsprayBabe Mon 10-Oct-16 11:02:41

I also have this issue,
I am looking for a thin fine knit Vneck/scoop neck jumper, in grey or black with snowflakes or stars and some form of subtle sparkle....

If this exists please let me know where!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now