Lego tables

(9 Posts)
Whattodowithaminute Thu 06-Oct-16 17:46:53

Was thinking of turning our play table into a Lego table by. Overnight with base plates and putting some bin type tubs in for the Lego to try and contain it... any ideas on where is best for base plates and tubs? May be overthinking this a bit...

redexpat Thu 06-Oct-16 17:50:18

I guess it rather depends on how big your play table is. I would start with wilko or argos or bm.

Bananalanacake Thu 06-Oct-16 17:50:24

Buy some base plates on Ebay. But I'm not sure how you're thinking of attaching the tubs to the table.

Whattodowithaminute Thu 06-Oct-16 18:51:55

Will look at eBay, Wilko and see whether we have a b and m locally. Was thinking of putting some tubs in the middle but not sure that's the most practical option; whether they will be able to reach etc but I think I might I hang them off the edges the boys may just throw or knock them everywhere... Found a few ideas on Pinterest too.

CathFizz Fri 07-Oct-16 16:11:39

I bought these for my two storage Lap Tray

ijustwannadance Fri 07-Oct-16 16:21:14

Depends how big your table is really. You might get second hand plates in ebay. The cheap wilko ones are fine.

You could also build the tubs from lego. Probably need to be glued though. They wouldn't have to be deep but you'd need to use the flat tiles on the inside base to stop stored bits sticking. These built tubs would then stick to the table to so no knocking over but removable if needed.

Whattodowithaminute Sat 08-Oct-16 00:49:08

Hadn't thought of building the 'tubs' with Lego-genius idea.

PoppyPicklesPenguin Sat 08-Oct-16 00:56:03

I saw this the other day, googling Ikea lego table hack brings up loads.

www.ikeahackers.net/2015/03/modern-lego-table-hack.html

May give you some extra ideaa

VimFuego101 Sat 08-Oct-16 01:19:55

Sand off the top of an IKEA Lack table, and glue 4 base plates to it. You can also get a rail to screw to the side and some tubs to hang off it from Ikea, will see if I can find a link.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now