Talk

Advanced search

Delivery slots

(21 Posts)
LazySusan11 Tue 04-Oct-16 18:21:58

Anyone know when the supermarkets will release their Christmas slots? I refuse to step foot in a bricks and mortar store until the chaos has finished! grin

MrsGsnow18 Tue 04-Oct-16 18:34:31

After a Google I found this, not sure if it's this year's list but bound to be similar I'm sure.

SingingTunelessly Tue 04-Oct-16 18:37:02

Had an email from Ocado saying they are opening Christmas slots this Thursday.

Barbeasty Tue 04-Oct-16 19:05:46

Waitrose slots are open now for Christmas and New Year.

Hulababy Tue 04-Oct-16 19:09:34

Had email from Ocado this week to let me know

LyndaNotLinda Tue 04-Oct-16 19:10:44

Waitrose opened theirs on the 23rd.

LazySusan11 Tue 04-Oct-16 19:17:01

Waitrose in my area has already gone, how am I meant to know at the beginning of October what I want for Christmas?!

ThomasHardyPerennial Tue 04-Oct-16 19:21:32

It's just a dummy trolly though, you don't have to actually pick your christmas shop now. Whack a few bottles of brandy in to reach the minimum spend, and then amend later!

HungryHorace Tue 04-Oct-16 20:11:48

Sainsbury's do them 3 weeks' ahead, as per usual. I'll be doing mine well ahead and will then just amend its delivery slot just after midnight on 3rd!

I do have a Waitrose one on 23rd, just in case!

grounddown Tue 04-Oct-16 20:17:50

Can I just ask if anyone has done this and then had any issues with stock?

Last year I had my shopping delivered on 23rd and they had no carrots, broccoli, sprouts and something else essential to xmas dinner. I was absolutely furious because it meant I had to actually go to an actual shop and fight with everyone else on xmas eve and I HATE food shopping at the best of times. This was morrisons who use the Ocado warehouse so not like the pickers are in the shop with other customers.

I use morrisons every week and have never had a stock issue or anything substituted in 18 months now, just last xmas.

(I got a credit to my account to apologise but still...)

Bogglechops Tue 04-Oct-16 20:28:03

I want to kiss you OP for starting this thread! Just booked a waitrose delivery for the 23rd Dec. I'm so bloody happy right now, I hate doing the Xmas food shop! grin

LazySusan11 Tue 04-Oct-16 20:34:11

Glad you got yours Boggle! I've had to go for collection on the 23rd, hoping I'll get a Sainsbury's one for delivery. So far I've not had an issue with stock. Fingers crossed for this year.

I bloody hate food shopping!

bloodyteenagers Tue 04-Oct-16 20:59:14

I do a delivery every year either the 22 or 23rd. Never had a problem with stock, but I don't use the supermarkets mentioned so far.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 04-Oct-16 21:32:24

Christ, yes, thanks for that, I've just booked my slot and they're nearly all booked up already.

herecomesthsun Wed 05-Oct-16 05:57:55

thanks, got Waitrose 10-11 on 23rd, nicely timed to sort out any substitutions! Shame more of the Xmas ranges aren't laid out neatly for the preliminary shop.

LazySusan11 Wed 05-Oct-16 07:06:52

I've added random items to my trolley to secure it, will start thinking about it properly beginning of Dec. Wish supermarkets would advertise their slots better. Was just by chance I thought about it!

HungryHorace Wed 05-Oct-16 07:09:17

I'm glad they don't as there would have been a mad rush otherwise! 😂

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 05-Oct-16 12:34:35

Waitrose stock was shit though, hardly any actual Christmas stuff to order yet.

Stillunexpected Wed 05-Oct-16 13:24:11

MsAdorabelle it doesn't matter that there's no Christmas stock though does it? I usually stick several large packets of washing powder in mine or some champagne to get above the order minimum and then go back much later, usually several times, to put in the actual goods I want. It's a bit rubbish if people are saying that the shopping arrives minus essential items but I know Ocado have an earlier cut-off for ordering and they do send out lots of reminders in advance which is obviously an attempt not to have a last-minute panic because 100,000 people suddenly order carrots on 22nd Dec for delivery the next day!

IamChipmunk Wed 05-Oct-16 21:15:06

Tesco have emailed to say Xmas slots open on 26th November.
We do have delivery saver though so I think they allocate to these first.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 05-Oct-16 21:25:10

Oh no I know it doesn't matter, it's just not particularly Christmassy. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now