Its probably been done a thousand times BUT - Advent calendars

(20 Posts)
PoohBearsHole Tue 04-Oct-16 11:40:39

Interesting Advent Calendar ideas please smile

Instead of xmas present so happy to spend up to £30 ish.

Has in the past had Playmobil and a cracking one that was a bracelet that added a charm everyday (sub £25 so was in budget at the time!). For a 9 year old.

Is the smiggle one any good? Is it worth the money?

OR happy to make own, but looking for ideas for a child isn't interested in sweets - would have smiggle orientated bits in somewhere but any other ideas that aren't too "crap"/ filler orientated.

Lego is out imho for this particular child,

TIA

d270r0 Tue 04-Oct-16 20:04:14

Not tried smiggle but there is also another stationary one by 'tinc' for about the same price you can buy at john lewis. Don't know which is better. Could make your own stationary one. Things in it don't have to be tiny- just wrap them up and number them, stick them in a decorated box.

If she likes bath products etc, look up 'bomb cosmetics advent calendar' on amazon. It consists of half soaps and half mini bath bombs (lush style).

PoohBearsHole Tue 04-Oct-16 20:53:41

Dh concurred with that, bought a perpetual calendar years ago so it might work, just slit of effort 🎁

FormerlyCatherineDeB Tue 04-Oct-16 20:58:05

Schleich do one if that is of interest. DD has enjoyed it for the last few years (has a load of Schleich Bayala stuff).

I have gone for the tinc and Lego City from GPs this year.

I noticed The Works had a stationery one for £5, out of stock online but worth a look in store if you have got one nearby.

DibbySound Tue 04-Oct-16 21:01:07

I bought the Smiggle one last year. It was pretty good and I had a discount code for it too. You got bits like, highlighters. pens, a light up spinning top, can't remember what else but everything was used. I'd buy it again.

d270r0 Tue 04-Oct-16 21:09:43

Sorry but the Works one was last years- apparently they are not doing one this year sad

PoohBearsHole Tue 04-Oct-16 21:28:29

Will go and ask at smiggle, might be worth buying it and raiding it for ideas! Have a discount for it too

FormerlyCatherineDeB Tue 04-Oct-16 21:38:18

Oh, have never been to The Works until recently - must still have a look in store as I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't 2016 if they had one!

StrawberrytallCake Tue 04-Oct-16 21:39:49

I bought an accessorise one for dd 8yo - alternates stick on earrings with rings!

PoppyPicklesPenguin Tue 04-Oct-16 21:41:13

Loads of lego ones on Amazon too.

Chelazla Tue 04-Oct-16 21:45:07

All kids at my school obsessed with smiggle!! Would be my vote!

Biggles398 Wed 05-Oct-16 00:53:25

We got the smuggle one last year, and I was pleased with it.
I've been considering the Flutter (superdrug) one this year, but have also seen bath bomb / nail polish one

ThanksForAllTheFish Wed 05-Oct-16 10:01:36

I'm getting DD the smiggle one. If you ask the staff nicely they will show you the sheet with a picture of all the contents in the calendar. items are worth between £1 - £4 each so over 25 days it works out OK value for money.

NoMudNoLotus Wed 05-Oct-16 12:34:22

Smiggle one has sold out sad

plipplops Wed 05-Oct-16 12:55:43

I bought the L'Occitane one smile The rest of the family have had lego ones the last few years so figured I can splash £42 on myself...

ThanksForAllTheFish Wed 05-Oct-16 13:02:40

smiggle advent still showing in stock on website NoMud

PoohBearsHole Wed 05-Oct-16 16:28:29

Where are you Mud as loads I store today!

NoMudNoLotus Wed 05-Oct-16 17:06:43

That was weird - one link I went through said out of stock - other link still in stock smile

NoMudNoLotus Wed 05-Oct-16 17:07:01

Thankyou ladies

PoohBearsHole Wed 05-Oct-16 19:03:52

have you a discount code as they become very much more reasonable wi one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now