Help me choose a doll for my 3yr old DD

(7 Posts)
Haggard1 Mon 03-Oct-16 17:14:48

DD wants a doll for Xmas (well, actually 3 - but we don't always get what we want!).

DD is very nurturing and wants the doll to do everything a real baby can.

She's mentioned Cry Babies and baby annabelle.

I didn't care for dolls as a kid so I feel completely lost. Please help me chose a doll/recommend one or suggest one. I have no idea as there are so many out there and want to make sure I get a good one so it will still be loved after Xmas.

i would prefer something we don't have to wipe up, or that leaks, or needs nappies buying all the time. grin

dontevenblink Mon 03-Oct-16 21:16:42

Dd1 was the same at that age, loved babies, and wanted a doll that cried etc and we bought her a Baby Annabel. I also didn't want anything that involved changing a nappy! Dd1 named her baby Alexander after Peppa Pig's cousin grin

I've just had a look and this one is similar www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/baby-annabell-interactive-doll/0097474 although looks like does a bit more as we bought ours 5 years ago (she gets played with by dc4 now!). We left the UK 5 years ago so I'm not sure where best place to get one is now, but we got ours in the Sainsburys toy sale pretty cheaply.

Haggard1 Mon 03-Oct-16 21:43:16

Thanks so much donteven it's really helpful to know your DD's doll is loved by the whole family. I also love that she called he Alexander.

I don't feel quite as mean that I don't want to mop after the doll!

Namechangenurseryconcerns Mon 03-Oct-16 21:47:51

Got dd this one 5 years ago and she's still dd's favourite now. www.petalinadolls.co.uk/dolls/corolle-calin-charming-pastel-my-first-baby-doll.htm

Namechangenurseryconcerns Mon 03-Oct-16 21:51:22

Sorry-didn't read op properly-that one doesn't cry or wee or anything. We had a tiny tears that did that but dd never took to it.
This one is just nice and cuddly

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Mon 03-Oct-16 22:00:29

Look at baby annabelle down to £25 at tesco

Northanter Tue 04-Oct-16 14:01:13

We have one like this - good price on Amazon.

It is nice and big, so can just about fit into proper baby clothes - cheaper than dolls clothes. And it has a soft body. It says stuff if you squeeze its hand and giggles if you squeeze its tummy. I mainly got it because I thought it had a nicer face than Baby Annabel or baby Born.

5 years on and it is still played with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now