Talk

Advanced search

Help with Workbench, Hoover & Till for 2 year old

(5 Posts)
Newdad190 Sat 01-Oct-16 17:44:43

Hi

I'm trying to get organised for christmas for my wee boy and have already bought him the police bike ride on from Studio (Great deal - thanks to **Coldilox!)

I had been hoping to get him the Bosch workbench, Dyson Hoover and a Supermarket till as well - but all the ones we had thought of seem to start from 3 years+

Not sure if we are just considering too "grown up" toys for him already, but it's all things he has played with elsewhere (eg. Drs waiting room!) and absolutely loved, or won't stop trying to play with (eg. our dyson!).

Is there parts of the toys that I could remove that would make them 2 year old friendly? I assume its the small coins/change in the till for example? Or is there any 2 year old alternatives anyone knows of as the ones I have found instead look the extreme opposite and a bit too babyish?

Thanks

TheImprobableGirl Sat 01-Oct-16 21:21:43

smile

TheImprobableGirl Sat 01-Oct-16 21:26:27

Sorry, there was more to that... smile I can see why the username is newdad

In the nicest way, 2 year olds will very rarely want/ be interested in/ be able to only play with toys aged 18months to 2 years, you should definitely go with a till that says 3+ (something like the casdon till, or marks and spencer do a good one/ tesco etc)

The age ranges are for very strict guidelines, but if you stay within them religiously, there is no way you will find things to motivate, challenge and interest your ds!

I've no idea on work benches sorry, I have two incredibly 'girly girl' dd's sad

TheImprobableGirl Sat 01-Oct-16 21:29:24

Only things to check with the workbench would be height I presume, dd2 is 2 and has been playing with the dyson Hoover as soon as she could walk! Maybe look at little cleaning trolleys too, as she is very into those!

We've got her a medical take along set and a Murphy Richards kitchen set (inc toaster and kettle etc) for this year- I think both are listed at 3/4+

Newdad190 Sat 01-Oct-16 22:03:11

Thanks very much for your help TheImprobableGirl - Appreciate al 3 of your replies smile

And don't worry - no offence taking, although my wee boy is almost 2 I am still very much a new dad haha!

To be honest with you, I was actually a bit worried about posting here as I thought I would get a bit of a telling off for even contemplating letting my boy play with stuff above his age range! I'm obviously just being a bit too protective smile

When we look at all the 18-24 months toys, the majority of them are still quite on the babyish side (which I know sounds stupid because he is still a baby) but he's a big 2 year old and very curious and loves playing with his cousins toys which are older, so glad to be reassured we shouldn't worry too much :-)

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now