Talk

Advanced search

What are you getting your OH?

(26 Posts)
OverAndAbove Sat 01-Oct-16 08:13:43

I am totally out of ideas. I wondered about something running-related (he's training for a marathon) but I can think what. I don't want anything trashy that will just add to clutter. He has the usual gadgets - iPhone, iPad, etc. Last year I got him a new kindle and case.

I'm keen to hear what others are doing?!

OhTheRoses Sat 01-Oct-16 08:15:47

Mine will get a book and a sweater. Possibly something for the garden.

Skala123 Sat 01-Oct-16 08:48:04

A golf weekend at the belfry

Evergreen17 Sat 01-Oct-16 08:49:22

Help help!! No ideA
We are expecting our first and it is a boy grin so maybe some cute little kit for the bubba that relates to something he has a hobbie?
I dont know!

Skala123 Sat 01-Oct-16 08:49:55

As a fellow runner I love any sort of running gear or vouchers towards it too

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 01-Oct-16 08:52:14

Not got a clue. I've not had an income for years (sahm then student) so it all seemed a bit pointless to spend "his" money on a present. Obv all money is ours not his but ykwim. We normally just do stockings for each other and fill them with little thoughtful things.

tissuesosoft Sat 01-Oct-16 08:53:10

I got DP a flying lesson through virgin experiences last Christmas- wasn't massively expensive. Then we had a baby early this year so I figure that's present enough for this Christmas!

Freco010 Sat 01-Oct-16 08:54:13

Can you suggest he creates an Amazon wish list over the next few months to give you some ideas? Mine wants some Salomon trainers and will get some choc and face cream from the DC

SpringerS Sat 01-Oct-16 08:54:29

The Sphero BB8 robot. He really, really wants it and I know he and DS will have the best fun playing with it. So in some ways, it's an additional present for DS. grin

I've also gotten him a Superman mug from DS.

NapQueen Sat 01-Oct-16 08:57:34

Im treating him to a surprise weekend away in Edinburgh in December. Its the first time we will have left the kids for more than one night.

Ill take the kids to choose him a little something to open on christmas morning

dalmatianmad Sat 01-Oct-16 08:57:47

A watch which I've seen in Costco for about £150 and a few stocking fillers....

Fuckingbollocksbugger Sat 01-Oct-16 08:58:55

He wants some cologne - Hugo boss or Tom Ford. Easy!

Has he got a fit bit?

Dh is getting a new hockey stick, suit for work, maybe spurs top. From me and my siblings

SquedgieBeckenheim Sat 01-Oct-16 09:00:48

DH is getting a tassimo coffee machine with some pods. It's more a present for both of us grin

cheapandcheerful Sat 01-Oct-16 09:06:46

Fitbit?
Subscription to a running magazine?

SlatternIsTrying Sat 01-Oct-16 09:48:14

Last year I gave DH an iwatch which he loves.

This year he has suggested a dab radio to use in the caravan, so I'll get him that.

I still want to get him a present that is a surprise.

RJnomore1 Sat 01-Oct-16 09:50:26

Get him a flip belt. It's DHs favourite running accessory.

TisConfusion Sat 01-Oct-16 11:00:29

We don't buy each other Christmas presents but we save the money we would've spent and get tickets for a show or something we can do together.

Pengweng Sat 01-Oct-16 16:59:22

After years of being a sahm I've got a (very) parr time job so I'm looling forward to getting him something with my own money for once. I might get him a paperwhite as he is always complaining if i turn all the lights off and hw can't read in bed.

Pengweng Sat 01-Oct-16 17:06:29

Oh ffs excuse the typos.

RedMapleLeaf Sat 01-Oct-16 17:11:33

There was a liquor we both liked on our first holiday together earlier this year so I've found a recipe and am going to print that out along with the ingredients.

I'm also considering a cork board, map and pins for recording our travels on.

Will probably buy him clothes that are more my taste than his blush

PrincessWellington Sat 01-Oct-16 18:49:50

a shed

OverAndAbove Sat 01-Oct-16 21:26:43

Thanks for all your replies - really good to see the ideas.

Yes he has a Fitbit and I offered him an Iwatch but apparently that's not quite what is right - and neither of us can work out what is right.

I might have to go on one of the running threads (an impostor!) and find out what running people like. It's always a case of him not knowing, but loving it if I can find something he didn't know he needed IYKWIM

HarryPottersMagicWand Sat 01-Oct-16 21:43:30

A ticket to see John Bishop next year (problem is I have to hope he doesn't get the same for me! We both like him).

Renewing his magazine subscription that I got last year.

A dvd he told me he wants that I've now forgotten (he has a couple thousand films, it's hard to keep up hmm).

And I'm stumped. We spend about £100 plus something from DCs and I'm really struggling. He doesn't have any hobbies, he doesn't drink or smoke. He has enough clothes. He isn't bothered about any self grooming at all. He did mention about going swimming so I may see if I can get some vouchers for that.

vinyl, lots of vinyl both new and pre loved, a sock subscription, a new dressing gown, cologne, his favourite hair wax, graphic novels, an r2-d2 pint glass, a leather card holder as he used those more than a proper wallet these days. After that i'm stumped. probably more vinyl to be honest! oh and toblerones and chocolate oranges as they are his favourites

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now