Talk

Advanced search

Longleat at Christmas

(8 Posts)
iloveholidays Wed 28-Sep-16 12:07:39

Thinking of doing Longleat towards the end of November with my Tesco clubcard vouchers.

Any comments - good and bad please?

I'm hoping to do Lapland UK in December so I'm not worried about seeing Father Christmas, but would be lovely to see all the lanterns.

Humidseptember Wed 28-Sep-16 20:05:34

We did FC train and it was lovely. I adored it!!!!

If you dont do that, its still lovely - weather being clement....Longleat is a good two hour drive for us but I think its worth it. You can get very close to the animals, hold snakes, spiders, shake hands with a sting ray, walj through penguins and feed lorikeets nectar.

I love the house and its decorations too.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Wed 28-Sep-16 20:07:05

Longleat is fab. Unfortunately all the penguins have just died recently of Malaria. We went in the summer. Best holiday ever.

iloveholidays Wed 28-Sep-16 20:20:36

Thanks for your comments. We've been to Longleat before but not at Christmas. Was contemplating going on Sunday but now wondering if we should hold out until the end of November.......

We went last year and really enjoyed it. The lights are amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to go back, really fabulous I thought.

CotswoldStrife Wed 28-Sep-16 23:15:57

They have suspended booking for the Festival of Light/Santa Train due to demand at the moment - I think they struggled from the day they released the tickets because this is the second time they have been unable to take bookings for it this year. So might be worth checking with them.

I'd love to go at Christmas, we went for a day in the summer a couple of years ago and didn't get round everything that we wanted to - it's a big place!

Notsure1234 Thu 29-Sep-16 08:44:27

We did the last Santa train of the day when it was dark and it was so magical with the music and twinkly lights.

It's so lovely there at Christmas. The market but isn't great but everything else is worth it

Humidseptember Thu 29-Sep-16 09:44:06

yes op - its worth it to wait for festival of lights - yes.

it was lovely.

penguins have died !!! what!! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now