Christmas planning

(9 Posts)
Hedgehog80 Tue 27-Sep-16 20:43:36

I've started planning for Christmas. Over the last couple of weeks I've been doing a lot of de cluttering so that hopefully by December the house is perfect

Going to start Christmas shopping for dcs next week just the sticking bits and bobs. Yesterday I ordered :
4x Christmas duvets for dcs
4x Christmas fleeces
4x Christmas cushions
Seasonal duvet set for us
Room decorations for dd1 (she wants a red and silver theme this year)
LED pillar candles

Also planning some DIY/decorating in oct/Nov, hoping to re paint the kitchen and ds1/2 bedroom needs a complete overhaul
I know it's 'only one day' but I love Christmas !

pennygoodlife Tue 27-Sep-16 22:12:47

Me too! I'm redoing the whole sitting room, chairs sofa ,floors, walls - fingers crossed anyway! I "need" Xmas to get things done

I've bought 2 X tubs of sweets, new bathroom towels,I've put a couple
Of things in my "basket" on Amazon, oh and I've got some hand soap and matching hand creme!

Famalam13 Wed 28-Sep-16 07:44:22

I'm not quite as rigorous as you but I am starting a declutter of the house this week and am going to look for some Christmassy bedding and pjs. Also working on my Christmas list of presents for everyone smile

Hedgehog80 Wed 28-Sep-16 18:35:21

I did buy a tub of celebrations but ate them !

The local garden centre has all their decorations up so will be going this weekend to have a look/buy a few bits! I get so excited about Christmas and this year I'm even excited about all the planning !

pennygoodlife Wed 28-Sep-16 21:46:21

Every year I say I'll be different but I just can't help myself! Going to test out a veggie bit roast next week! How sad do I sound!

Famalam13 Thu 29-Sep-16 08:26:00

Two presents ordered! I feel so organised now grin

Rumtopf Thu 29-Sep-16 08:35:49

I sorted out the Christmas bedding in the linen cupboard yesterday and have made my list of people for gift buying. Already have two of my nieces and my sister done.
October is awash with expensive birthdays though so will really begin at the beginning of November.

Hedgehog80 Thu 29-Sep-16 21:42:13

I ordered mini reindeer and Xmas tree decorations today as had visions of myself baking mince pies sprinkling then with icing sugar and piling up high with reindeer and Xmas tree scene !!

SlatternIsTrying Sat 01-Oct-16 19:06:18

The living room is currently being redecorated, new floor and new suite should all be here by November. I can't wait!

Some presents are bought, I have young children so have to start early. The big ticket items will be bought in November.

I am hosting this year for the first time so want to have as much as possible done so that I can concentrate on food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now