Talk

Advanced search

Advent calender's for teenagers and adults

(19 Posts)
Enkopkaffetak Tue 27-Sep-16 08:47:40

Last year I got a tea one for dd1, a makeup one for dd2 dd3 had a Tinc advent calender (she liked it but wasn't mega keen - surprised us) and ds got socks (long story and running joke and he adored it) DH got the photo one from not on the highstreet a big hit with everyone.

This year i am planning on getting ds rugby balls (small ones) and dh coffee.

I am thinking of a yankee candle advent calender for dd1 or alternatively getting her a Agatha Christie book each day. (She loves that genre and recently discovered AC)

however I am stuck for dd2 and dd3.

As I sort of introduced the " nicer" calenders last year ( we have always had chocolate etc ) I want to keep it up as something they look forward to.

DD2 is into make up manga and anime rugby and books.. books books

dd3 likes manga and anime too does read but wouldn't get excited about books. not a keen sportsman thinks only stupid people wear make up. classic introvert likes time alone. She is talented in drawing and recently took up sewing.. She will be 13 so I really want it to be special for her she is the youngest after all..

any ideas?

FranksBobot Tue 27-Sep-16 08:59:22

Smiggle do a stationary advent calendar but I'm not sure what age it is for

Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Tue 27-Sep-16 08:59:58

The Boots Christmas catalogue has a Jack Willis one and I think a couple of others.

SootSprite Tue 27-Sep-16 09:05:44

It depends on how much you want to spend. I do advent gifts instead of a calendar, so each day dd (15) gets a small (£10 max) gift.

So far this year I've got a few small boxes of her favourite overpriced charbonnel choccies, and some assassination classroom and attack on Titan manga. Will prob get some funko figures too.

For dd2 you could maybe get the latest manga books in their series and add in some new ones they haven't tried? Lots of places do make up advent calendars so well worth a mooch. Could also add in some rugby DVDs?

For dd3 how about some drawing supplies, how to draw anime book, little sewing kits, anime DVDs?

Enkopkaffetak Tue 27-Sep-16 16:02:27

I should have mentioned that I want to keep them some what " themed" not a load of mismashed stuff to me thats what the stocking is for. Additionally as younger children we did the present each day thing so this is not a different set up for them. Its more about making it special for me.

Smiggle is to young for dd3 -in her head- she also isnt too keen on the bright colours (more of a black on black girl at heart) was why we went with the Tinc one last year.

Will have a look at the Jack Wills one. sounds promising..

Whilst i don't mind spending a bit of money I dont want to go into hundreds and 24 manga books in the type she likes sadly would.

FeelingSmurfy Tue 27-Sep-16 16:07:16

Photo advent calendar??

VoldemortsNipple Tue 27-Sep-16 16:25:41

The M&S beauty advent calendar was great last year. Both my dd and dsis loved them and raved over the gifts. If you wanted to make your own, you could ok on AliExpress for anime and manga things. They have loads of little gifts which would be great for advent calendars and then maybe you could get a couple of books to give on certain days too.

ThanksForAllTheFish Tue 27-Sep-16 17:12:34

Not sure if these are any good for you:

charm bracelet

bath bombs

tsum tsum advent

For your DD that had taken up seeing you could do a sewing themed advent calander - buy some fat quarters of fabric, sewing accessories (zips / buttons / threads/ extra machine feet that she doesn't already have) sewing books or magazines. You could even look for manga fabrics or buttons online so it's more to her taste.

Enkopkaffetak Tue 27-Sep-16 21:07:43

The bathbomb one is fun

The Tsum Tsum one would have been wonderful a few years back however they have sort of outgrown the cuddly toy stage. However sending a link to my friend who will go crazy smile

will seek out the M&S one as the make up one we had last year wasnt wonderful. would be great to have a good one.

whatsitallabout1 Tue 27-Sep-16 21:15:19

who wouldn't want a pork crackling advent calendar? I posted this already on bargain thread but worth a repeat I feel!

Enkopkaffetak Tue 27-Sep-16 21:24:22

i LOVE that.. sadly none of my children would.

QuinnsNo1Lady Tue 27-Sep-16 21:27:00

I'm sure I seen one in Topshop last year with jewellery and bots and bobs in.

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 27-Sep-16 21:30:20

I am buying the pork crackling one for myself, I bloody love crackling.

Davros Wed 28-Sep-16 10:37:10

Body Shop was good last year. DD (now 13) loved it

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Wed 28-Sep-16 11:04:47

Loooove the pork crackling one! Just ordered one for DP who is always low carbing and while he loves chocolate, this will be perfect and keep him on track up to the big day!

I've also bought some little drawstring bags and I've numbered them and bought a load of mini fragrance samples. Was planning a set each for DS1 & 2 and DP but now I have the porky goodness for DP instead grin

Enkopkaffetak Wed 28-Sep-16 22:54:14

I think we have decided on Lush bath bombs for dd3 (she loves them) Inspired by the bathbomb one suggested up earlier.

I am leaning towards Agatha Christie books for dd1 if I can find enough

Still stuck on dd2

Oh2beatsea Wed 28-Sep-16 23:00:09

Place marking

SootSprite Thu 29-Sep-16 09:32:05

I've ordered the crackling one for dh as he loves that kind of thing (and I always have an expensive Lego advent calendar and then feel guilty that he's just got a crappy choccy one)

Groovester Thu 29-Sep-16 09:38:13

A book advent. I did this for my children last year. Wrap up 24 books and you choose one a day to open. I put them in a basket under the tree (which goes up on Dec 1st in this house.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now