Talk

Advanced search

Girls aged 4-5

(13 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Mon 26-Sep-16 22:39:46

What are you buying your DDs? Aged 4 almost 5? I've picked a few bits for her but haven't really gotten anything 'big' she's picked a few dolls (belle, barbie) a few shopkins bits but I want to get her a set of some kind I think?

roseteapot101 Mon 26-Sep-16 22:45:44

for last christmas i got my daughter into my little pony new series beforehand and theres a load of fun toys/clothes.So i was able to shop for her nicely

NoCapes Mon 26-Sep-16 22:51:24

DD got some 'Disney Princess Little Kingdom' sets for her birthday and they're played with daily so she'll be getting more for Christmas
She also loves magiclip dolls and I've found some packs of spare dresses (she has all the dolls now) so I'm getting her a couple of packs
She collects the Disney classic dolls and the Princess soft toy dolls from the Disney store so will be getting another of each
Oh and a Nerf Rebelle because her big brother and his friends are always shooting her bless her
...that's as far as I've got so far

Enidblyton1 Mon 26-Sep-16 22:52:51

Playmobil? My DD (4.5) loved her playmobil horses stable. Lots of little bits to play with and it folds up with a carry handle so can be easily carried around.
Or a dolls house?
Lego is always fun (though at 4/5 you'll have to help her if you buy a set). My DD has a box of brightly coloured Lego without instructions which she loves.

Enidblyton1 Mon 26-Sep-16 22:54:15

I second the magiclip dolls if your DD likes dolls/dressing up. My DD loves them and has played with them for hours

AlwaysNeverOnTime Tue 27-Sep-16 07:05:19

My just turned 5 year old loves playmobil, especially the fairies and unicorn sets. She's also started getting into craft sets. Making bracelets ect.

YellowCrocus Tue 27-Sep-16 07:08:27

It was DDs 5th birthday a few days ago. We got her a kiddizoom camera, which has gone down really well, and some Sylvanian Families. No idea for Christmas yet though!

MissRainbowBrite Wed 28-Sep-16 11:48:17

Nocapes in B&M this morning and they had some lovely sets to go with the magiclip dolls, they had Rapunzels castle and I think it was Snow White, they were £12.99. I've never seen any play sets to go with magiclip so would make a good gift for princess mad girls.
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, DD is very into My Little Pony this year and we're struggling a bit for ideas as lots of the MLP stuff she already has. She loves anything horse, pony or unicorn related.

toastymarshmallow Wed 28-Sep-16 12:30:05

I have already bought two Barbie sets, the wedding one and the bike and puppy one, the lalaloopsy hair dough set (blame TV adverts for that) and a big unicorn.

Thinking about chubby puppies and a cheap tablet so she doesn't fight with her sister over hers. Also, playdough and stuff for painting.

Santa brought this Lil live pets mouse run for DD1 last year and it was a huge hit with them both. So the chubby puppies should go down well. I got it for £19.99 closer to xmas so they might do that this year again.

She wants a CD player so we will get her that, and she also wants a camera but the tablet will take photo's so that will be covered.

CinderellaFant Wed 28-Sep-16 13:19:18

Dd is 4 and just getting into barbies. She wants the barbie farm vet so I'm on the look out for a good price for it. Tesco has a few 'steffi' dolls cheap in their toy sale.

She's also getting chubby puppies- these are reduced in smyths at the minute.

She's eyeing up the hatchimals but they look very expensive for all they are

NoCapes Thu 29-Sep-16 09:22:55

MissRainbow I never knew they made play sets for magiclip either! I'll have to get myself to B&M, thank you smile

EmGee Thu 29-Sep-16 10:11:46

I have a 4yo and an almost 7yo both heavily into princesses and Barbies. The eldest's birthday is just before Christmas so she is getting a huge wooden doll's house which is ideal for Barbie-sized dolls.

I bought a load of Barbie clothes and accessories second-hand and have put them into one of these cute cardboard storage cases

This Djeco cardboard princess castle has been a huge hit with my DDs; ideal size for Magiclip princesses! Cheap, easy to store, doesn't take much space and very portable. I can't recommend it highly enough.

EmGee Thu 29-Sep-16 10:13:52

Sorry forgot to add I bought the Djeco castle in France but there are many UK stockists of Djeco so am sure you would find it in UK online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now