Talk

Advanced search

Christmas get aways for single person?

(6 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Sun 25-Sep-16 10:05:43

Was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere fabulous to go to at Xmas time for a week or maybe 2? I'm going to be spending it alone which I don't really mind but my birthday is a few days later and I do find that depressing so I've decided to go abroad for the whole thing this year. Thinking of maybe a retreat or tour or self improvement or spa type place. Maybe somewhere like Goa but am open to suggestions. Any ideas?

midsomermurderess Sun 25-Sep-16 13:24:08

I think Kerala would be much nicer the Goa but you would need to get a move on booking flights and the fancier accommodation, it's now very popular over Christmas.

wheatchief Sun 25-Sep-16 15:48:38

Well, do you still want it to be Christmassy? Cold? I've spent Christmas in Hong Kong and had a fab time, but I like cities and am not fussed by beaches/warmth but happy for it not to be freezing cold either. If I was looking for somewhere to go a big Asian city would be top of my list - usually still some Christmas decorations/feel but it doesn't shut down the way Western cities do. Could do Japan and spend some time in Tokyo, do some different onsens etc?

childmaintenanceserviceinquiry Sun 25-Sep-16 16:07:17

Miami - south beach. Lots to do or chill. I found it really easy as a woman on my own, but I don't go out late clubbing

Destinysdaughter Sun 25-Sep-16 17:11:22

Thanks for the ideas, never thought about Japan or South Beach TBH! I know it's maybe a bit late but have only recently got a job so finally have a bit of money I can spend on me! Want a bit of warmth and pampering really.

Anyone been to Gran Caneria that time of year, wondering what the temp would be there then?

Stonebees Sun 25-Sep-16 20:47:34

I do this every year.

Over the last couple of years, I've been to Morocco (with Exodus) and Australia. I found that Melbourne didn't shut down in the way that English cities do at Christmas, and there was a lovely communal Christmas breakfast on Christmas day. This year I've been recommended going on the Skyros (https://www.skyros.com/) Christmas / New Year holiday, and I'm feeling very tempted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now