Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for 5yr old Girl with older sister who has everything already!

(11 Posts)
notasausage Fri 02-Sep-16 10:30:33

I really need help as we have all the main gift items already either acquired from her older sister or because they are the sort of thing you only need one of in the house! She isn't into shopkins, lego or playmobile. We already have bikes, scooters, didcar, outside toys, playdoh, arts and crafts, dolls house, prams etc and I'm totally stuck. She does like MLP and I have blopens, bunchems and a walkman on her list but Aunties and Grannies are already using most of them. I have a week to get this sorted for her birthday and but need ideas for Christmas too.

FoxTeaParty Fri 02-Sep-16 13:33:43

How about the big mlp castle? My dd who was 5 last christmas got that and she loves it, still plays with it now. Also has she discovered num noms? All mine seem to think they are great, would make a nice stocking filler.

1122christy Fri 02-Sep-16 14:10:35

What about Hama beads? Or Sylvanian families.
Colour in your own bag? You can get mlp or shopkins ones.

justgivemeamo Fri 02-Sep-16 15:58:56

books - ottoline series, and craft kits, djeco, magic kits - djeco etc etc etc....

paint sets, stuff you only use once sort of thing

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Fri 02-Sep-16 16:55:14

Aqua beads. Look like fun, I've got some put by for dd.

My little pony equestria girls - on offer currently in the entertainer £5.20 each

My dd's have these art trays from argos which are used daily www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/4141305.htm

Mine both love a swishy dress or character tshirts.

Art supplies from smiggle (or copies from theworks if you are on a budget like us!) The lunch boxes and backpacks are very popular among dd and her friends too.

A jewellery box for treasures

Personalised money box

Lost my name/magic chair personalised book. Both are beautiful and perfect for age 5.

Tsum tsums or beanie boo teddies

The new dc superhero dolls are really lovely. I'm sure there's a dvd coming out soon aswell (same style as equestria girls or ever after high)

Youranus Fri 02-Sep-16 16:55:37

My recently turned 6 year old loves:
Binoculars,
Marble run,
Deadly 60,
For Christmas, I've bought her this: www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-CTK2300AD-Keyboard-Black/dp/B019MY0YHI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472831366&sr=8-3&keywords=casio+full+size+keyboard
She'd also love a camera.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Fri 02-Sep-16 16:58:31

Also there's this my little pony headphone hat - perfect to go with her Walkman :http://www.tesco.com/direct/my-little-pony-twilight-sparkle-headphone-hat-kids-headphones/178-6749.prd#

Millipedewithherfeetup Fri 02-Sep-16 17:06:36

Instead of a thing why dont you arrange a lovely day out, somewhere like a zoo ?, take lots of pics and put one of you both in a funky frame for her bedroom ?

PassTheMead Fri 02-Sep-16 19:33:33

How about a Lottie Doll? I'm thinking of getting one for my DD (5) for christmas

ridingsixwhitehorses Fri 02-Sep-16 19:49:59

Personalised things her big sister can't steal. My 5yo loves her pencil case with personalised pencils with her name on.

ridingsixwhitehorses Fri 02-Sep-16 19:50:30

She also loved going to Claire's accessories and being told she could buy two things whatever she wanted, and a trip to build a bear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now