Talk

Advanced search

Elf on shelf from eBay

(9 Posts)
helenlove Tue 23-Aug-16 21:07:16

Has anyone bought an elf on the shelf from eBay? You can get one with the book from a uk seller for 16.99 do you think it will be a fake?

I just can't bring myself to spend 30 for it on amazon... Is it worth it?

ThatsMyStapler Tue 23-Aug-16 21:09:51

Why does it need to be a real one? I missed this 'thing' as my DC are older...

Surely you could take photos of or move around another new humanoid toy? Or is there more to it?

SisterViktorine Tue 23-Aug-16 21:14:39

I bought a naice Elf from Monte Dragone. We don't do the full 'elf on a shelf' shebang- he just comes out and helps around the house at Christmas. I hope he will be passed down.

helenlove Tue 23-Aug-16 21:31:58

Thatsmystapler these are very good points you make. I don't know why I need a real one blush maybe the quality won't be as good? I would like the elf to last.

iklboo Tue 23-Aug-16 21:41:41

We've got an elf glove puppet from Card Factory. I think it was about £3 blush

We've had a lot of fun hiding him about. He's very flexible, since he's got no stuffing.

ChocolateButton15 Tue 23-Aug-16 22:00:40

I got an elf on the shelf from eBay last Christmas. Chinese seller and no book with it but was about £3.50, took about 3 weeks to arrive. I use it more as a decoration than a thing so was really pleased with it!

helenlove Tue 23-Aug-16 22:19:42

Have ordered a red boy from China on eBay for £3!

Will just make up a story.

iklboo Wed 24-Aug-16 18:01:43

Elf perched on bottle of JD was a particular favourite grin

Maryann1975 Fri 26-Aug-16 22:53:42

Our elf just arrived one year, and whispered to me who she was and what she was doing. Looking back I hadn't really thought it through, the kids had no idea what this toy was doing stuck behind the fire guard, I had t thought to write a note for it to bring with it.
I have since regretted ever starting the thing though (I know, wrong thing to say on a Christmas thread). It's really hard to think of new things for the elf to do and it seems to be a competition between my DC and their friends, whose elf can be the naughtiest. I just don't have the energy for that level of competition!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now