Talk

Advanced search

Christmas stock

(29 Posts)
bimbobaggins Fri 05-Aug-16 17:27:44

Was in Dobbies garden centre earlier and they had were putting loads of Christmas stock out. Cards, boxed cards , wrapping paper. Not reduced from last year but new just getting unpacked stock ! Was slightly excited. Didn't buy anything yet .

puppydogmummy Sat 06-Aug-16 17:15:41

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad enough before Halloween but in August???????

FeelingSmurfy Sat 06-Aug-16 17:21:58

Harrods is all set up, don't think the grotto has started yet but it won't be long

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 07-Aug-16 05:41:09

Lots of places put Xmas stock out at the end of August/early September - can't wait!

Lunar1 Sun 07-Aug-16 07:04:45

Has anyone seen if Costco have theirs in yet?

bimbobaggins Mon 08-Aug-16 14:16:27

Yes in August! I'm one of these people's who love seeing the Christmas stock coming out . Sorry lunar, not a member of Costco so don't know about that

Soon2bC Mon 08-Aug-16 14:42:33

too exciting!!! DP says the last job she had each year before going back to uni after the summer holidays was putting out christmas stock in Sainsburys so its not getting any earlier but is getting more exciting!!

bimbobaggins Mon 08-Aug-16 14:56:29

Glad it's not just me soon, I haven't bought anything yet, I like to see the stock coming out.

Soon2bC Mon 08-Aug-16 15:08:48

I have bought 4 presents which is bad for me this year!
Last year we made the decision that we would no longer buy for siblings and their families which means I have 22 less people to buy for so I only need to get for parents OH and DS. By last August I had bought 15 gifts already!
I cant wait! Bring on the Waitrose Christmas advert and the garden centre gift ranges smile

CakeNinja Thu 11-Aug-16 22:32:14

I love Christmas but seeing it in the shops for 5 months is just too much!
I've just come back to the Christmas board as I start thinking about it in September when the kids go back to school, although do all my shopping in about 2 days in December!
However, I might have to get over to Costco soon, my mum bought the best tissue paper pack from there last year and I was so jealous - I went in November and they barely had anything Christmas related left at all so I'll be going over in a couple of weeks...

bimbobaggins Fri 12-Aug-16 21:45:15

That sounds good cake, I'm not a member of Costco but I may see if I know anyone.

Fauchelevent Fri 12-Aug-16 21:46:22

Where I work we have our Christmas department from July hmm

nickdrakeslovechild Sat 13-Aug-16 14:56:05

The card factory had a display of new Christmas cards in the front of the shop today and a few reduced from last year at the back of the shop.

bimbobaggins Sun 14-Aug-16 12:18:33

Where is that fauch if you don't mind me asking.

YouMakeMyDreams Sun 14-Aug-16 12:22:06

Was in Costco last weekend and they have a fee fancy tinned cakes and biscuits out but that was it. They are clearly starting though. Going back in 2 weeks hoping I see more.
Tbh I can see why people complain about it being so early but I like it and it means I can buy it in bits and not a mad rush all at once.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 14-Aug-16 22:03:32

Costco usually start when the DC go back to school (in Sept)

They do really good glass baubles , we buy a box every year (because there are always a few each year that come a cropper) I like to add to my collection and remember the year we bought them.

Ceaser1981 Tue 16-Aug-16 16:14:28

I shop all year in the many sales for Christmas pressies so i dont mind the shops stocking early. I like to be organised and ponder what to get everyone. I like to do a lot of window shopping then ill search for the best deals, why pay full price when you dont have to. I even take two or three trips to decide on wrapping paper! Needless to say my OH just rolls his eyes at me!

SideOrderofChip Tue 16-Aug-16 18:05:38

I love seeing the christmas stuff come out

CakeNinja Tue 16-Aug-16 21:25:10

Ceaser I'd be eye rolling at 3 different trips just to buy wrapping paper shock
Well, only if you insisted I needed to come too! If you were going alone, no need for the eye rolling.

RuggerHug Wed 17-Aug-16 11:12:33

I still remember having to stock the Christmas part of Penneys (Primark) on my last day working there in August many years ago. Tisint a new thing! smile

augustwashout Wed 17-Aug-16 11:32:54

ceasar - me too!

wrappping paper is important!

ImYourMama Wed 17-Aug-16 11:35:20

I'm so excited, baby girl due 8 days before Xmas so seeing Christmas stuff come out means she's getting closer. I've got about 40 presents with post it notes with the names of the recipient - saving wrapping for mat leave grinstarhalo

MagentaRose72 Wed 17-Aug-16 21:39:21

Designers/ Artists have to design all their Christmas cards, giftwrap, fabric etc in early summer to ensure it's ready to sell in August.

I'm now designing for Spring 2017... grin... wine

ChristmasZombie Fri 19-Aug-16 07:25:30

Christmas cards in Card Factory yesterday! They also had gift bags, wrapping paper and money wallets.

MollHackabout Fri 19-Aug-16 18:20:09

M&S have had Christmas cakes in for a few weeks! And I noticed in Tesco yesterday that they had the big tubs of sweets in, complete with Christmas branding.

I buy for Christmas all year to spread the cost so I love it when the stuff starts trickling into the shops! Plus I get prematurely excited fgrin It's feeling decidedly autumnal here today too (although we were baking in 25°c heat yesterday!). Might start my Christmas notebook this weekend...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now