Talk

Advanced search

Decorations before we go away, or when we get back?

(6 Posts)
ChristmasZombie Tue 02-Aug-16 17:10:26

Daft question, but I was updating my Christmas spreadsheet and planning out each day in December. The tree and decorations usually go up on December 12th, after we've celebrated dd1's birthday on the 11th. This year we're going away from the 16th to the 19th. When would you put up the decorations? 12th? Or 20th, once we're home? 20th seems late!

KP86 Tue 02-Aug-16 17:12:26

Before you go away, it will be much too busy from the 20th.

allegretto Tue 02-Aug-16 17:15:38

You have a Christmas spreadsheet and plan what you are doing each day in December??!

ChristmasZombie Tue 02-Aug-16 17:18:59

Haha Alle, yes I do! I am slightly obsessed with the festive season! My spreadsheet includes all the stuff I have to organise for work (primary school teacher and always in charge of Christmas!) as well as at home. Also budgeting, present list, card list with postal addresses...

Floralnomad Tue 02-Aug-16 17:21:12

If you normally put them up on the 12th ,and you are at home on the 12th just do whatever you normally do - I wouldn't put any outside ones up unless you have them on timers as that would be an invitation for burglars .

MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 03-Aug-16 18:25:43

I'm going away too and I'm decorating before we leave so it's all Christmassy when we get back smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now