Talk

Advanced search

What do your 2 year old girls play with

(16 Posts)
Zombiemama Mon 11-Jul-16 12:52:39

Dd has her 2nd birthday just before Christmas and we run the risk of the house coming down with toys before santa even arrives.

Tell me what your 2 year old girl actually sits and plays with please....

I have though of:

A toy kitchen
A doll highchair cot etc set
An aqua draw or magnadoodle type thing

Icecreamsundaes Mon 11-Jul-16 12:57:48

My two year old loves the fairy/house happyland sets, wooden train tracks, duplo, megasketcher, aqua doodle, easel and wooden kitchen. Those I'd say have been firm faves for months now. Also elc do animal hoppers, she loves hers and still uses her skuttlebug most days.

Itsaplayonwords Mon 11-Jul-16 12:59:33

Train set, Buzz Lightyear, Playdoh, Books, Puzzles, Tea set, Stickers.

reallyanotherone Mon 11-Jul-16 13:04:12

Don't limit her by gender. Or by stuff she can "sit nicely and play". Stuff to encourage activity and exploration are good too.

Train sets, lego/duplo, balance bike, lots of paper and crayons, tent, jigsaws, medical/vet kit, stickers/sticker books..

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 11-Jul-16 13:08:43

To be fair, 2 year olds don't sit still for long whatever you give them (!) but here are some favourites..
Dolly in a buggy/pram
Mini xylophone (depends if you can stand the noise)
A garage with ramps, a lift and little cars,
A farm set with plastic animals,
Doctor's set (they usually want you to be the patient but you can just lie there grin)
And your idea of aqua draw has proved entertaining too

..are we actually talking about Christmas already? shock

FelixFelix Mon 11-Jul-16 13:09:02

Yes Happyland stuff is a massive hit here too. The bus and the fairy house are very well loved. Extra Happyland figures are always a bonus. We bought the pet set and they get played with so much!

IKEA wooden kitchen and various accessories (tea set etc) are played with constantly.

Play Doh, colouring/craft bits.

Outside play house and small slide.

Push chair (cheapest folding one from Argos, was in the 2 for £10 deal) and a baby doll with accessories.

My dd also turned 2 just before Christmas last year (22nd Dec) so we had toy overload. I'd recommend maybe asking for money/vouchers if people want to get her something then you can buy more bits later on it the year. I've found it difficult that her birthday and Christmas are so close together, because half a year later there are things which she wouldn't have played with when she'd just turned 2 but would love now. I'm going to do this for her next birthday.

attheendoftheday Mon 11-Jul-16 14:08:41

Happyland was popular, as was the train set. Her best thing was probably a doll that cried with a buggy and a potty.

Scooter was well used too.

pinkcardi Mon 11-Jul-16 14:13:18

I have a 2.5yr old and she loves her toy kitchen, tea set, chalk board for drawing, Wendy house, building bricks, puzzles (only in the last few months) indoor trampoline. Less popular are: train set, princess castle/dolls house

WhirlwindHugs Mon 11-Jul-16 14:13:57

My 2.5yo girl likes the toy shop, especially till and play money. Also baby and buggy, playmobil dinosaur volcano set, toy cars, marble run, felt tip pens.

Outside - Trampoline, scooter, chalks, paddling pool.

pinkcardi Mon 11-Jul-16 14:14:35

Oh yes, and doll which you can feed and cries, which she loves to push around in a toy pram. Said pram often has to come to the park with us

Icecreamsundaes Mon 11-Jul-16 16:14:38

Not sure if it's any help but what we do for birthdays for the kids (one winter and one summer birthday) is ask relatives to spend time doing an experience with the kids instead of toys. We get them a few physical presents and a day out as a family somewhere but relatives usually take them anywhere from zoo, park, farm, swimming, painting, soft play, treasure/bear hunting there's no actual bears involved etc. They love the time they get 1 on 1 so works really well for us. And having a birthday around Christmas there's tonnes to do smile

Zombiemama Tue 12-Jul-16 14:13:59

Happyland looks like a winner then. I had been thinking of the Little People Princess castle but maybe best go with Happy Land as theres loads of extras can be added.

Yes she has a scuttlebug that she loves and i am aware they dont do sitting still for too long most of what she has is big activity items such as the scuttlebug slide activity tables cosy coupe etc

She loves painting puzzles books etc too so fab stocking ideas

SimplyNigella Wed 13-Jul-16 14:05:59

I have a DS rather than a DD but he was two just after Christmas and we had similar dilemmas.

I bought the Wonderworld Neo wooden kitchen which he loves and plays with everyday, plus Duplo, his Brio train set and any small world play in general.

I started a thread in Christmas a few weeks ago about which toys from Christmas are still being played with and I think there were some responses from people with similar aged children so it might be worth a read.

KC225 Sat 13-Aug-16 05:06:43

Some knid of ride on toy was popular with mine

Strawclutching Sat 13-Aug-16 05:50:39

Toy cars you can pull apart and put together

Sticker books

Toy kitchen and food

Doctors set

Noah's ark

Russian dolls

ashley0710 Sat 13-Aug-16 05:56:00

Vtech toot toot garage and farm
Mega blocks
Pram with doll & bath
Jigsaws
Play doh & painting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now