Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've just booked the Panto for Christmas Eve

(12 Posts)
wineoclockthanks Thu 07-Jul-16 16:37:12

And can't wait!!

This is our 10th year and I'm really really excited.

BEHIND YOU grin grin

ChippyMinton Thu 07-Jul-16 16:43:54

Ooh, good plan. I'm going to see if our local one is on sale yet.

attheendoftheday Thu 07-Jul-16 20:10:00

We're trying the panto for the first time this year as dd2 will be a couple of weeks short of 4 and hopefully will like it, I haven't been since I was little.

Happy to share in your excitement!

notamummy10 Thu 07-Jul-16 20:15:41

I'm not going on Christmas Eve but I will be going to see Cinderella in December... It's not my local one (by over hundred miles) but it's in a place I've always wanted to visit: Bournemouth!

Plus my favourite lady is in it so I get to see her too; if anyone has recommendations for accommodation in Bournemouth, that would be grand! smile

GooodMythicalMorning Thu 07-Jul-16 20:18:57

I booked peter pan in Yeovil straight after last years panto haha.

We love Panto.

notamummy10 Thu 07-Jul-16 20:36:54

I do love an Easter panto too, the ones with Bobby Davro are great! I've seen 5 Easter pantos with him in it (Wizard of Oz x 3 - 5 dates Peter Pan x 1 - 3 dates and Beauty & The Beast x 1 - 1 date).

Pantomimes are ace!!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 08-Jul-16 00:01:58

nota who is in Cinderella, it says on the website "cast to be announced"

My DC are too old for Panto "Oh No You're Not" "Oh Yes They Are"

I need to have a search for something for DD and I (we like to go to Swan Lake or The Nutcracker)

girlintheriver Fri 08-Jul-16 00:05:47

I booked mine in March blush
Only way to get xmas eve tickets

notamummy10 Fri 08-Jul-16 00:28:23

70, the ones I know about are: Cinderella - Dani Harmer (Tracy Beaker), Buttons - Noel Brodie (he was there last year for Snow White), Prince Charming - Rhydian Roberts (I think he's from x-factor) and Fairy Godmother - Melanie Walters (Gavin & Stacey)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 08-Jul-16 00:38:14

I'm scanning the web to see if Bradley Walsh is doing Panto (he was in Birmingham last year with Paul O'Grady and Dick'n'Dom)

Last year Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell from Eastenders ) was in fairly near us.
Where we go locally, I've never seen any well known stars, though Twist&Pulse switched on the Lights one year fgrin

giraffesarefab Sat 09-Jul-16 07:41:57

We have never been but would love to go! However having just looked at the one nearest to us, it would be £104 for me, dh and 2 ds to go, I'm not sure we could justify that in the run up to Christmas! Are they always so expensive? Guess we'll go to the cinema instead lol.

NataliaOsipova Sat 09-Jul-16 07:50:59

giraffesarefab Depends where you go. If you go to a local (think small town rather than city centre) theatre, it'd be more like £50 or £60 for a family ticket. It's often a lot cheaper to go off peak too (ie in November or January, morning or evening rather than afternoon matinee). Also -'don't be afraid of cheaper seats in a bigger theatre (upper circle etc). The kids will still get the jokes and the atmosphere and you adapt to the higher view after 10 mins or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now