Talk

Advanced search

This is what I need for next Christmas. Can you help...

(10 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Sun 27-Dec-15 19:06:40

Two cottages next door to each other so we can do Christmas together without actually staying together. Preferably near the beach. Preferably within a two hour drive from London. Maybe near a pub that does a nice Christmas lunch.

Gazelda Sun 27-Dec-15 19:07:54

I came onto the thread to say that I need more serving dishes. Having read your post, I now realise that I need two cottages, near the beach ... etc etc

Wigeon Sun 27-Dec-15 19:12:31

More than 2 hours from London, but there are a bunch of cottages near Bamburgh in Northumbrrland, right next to the sea, many of them self catering. They're called the Armstrong Cottages. We stayed in one at Easter and it was lovely. Bamburgh has some lovely pubs and I'm sure some / all would do Xmas lunch.

wizzler Sun 27-Dec-15 19:20:30

Wigeon.. I immediately thought of Armstrong Cottages.. we stay there every year and put DM and DF next door!
Don't tell everyone though.. don't want it getting too crowded!

Poppiesway Sun 27-Dec-15 19:43:55

North suffolk
This

Nearlyadoctor Sun 27-Dec-15 20:09:57

What I need for next Christmas is to hibernate - not helpful I know but that is how I feel today.

Roll on tomorrow when everyone buggers off home and I get both my house, my bathroom and hopefully my sanity back....

Canofpeas Sun 27-Dec-15 22:16:39

Not in everyone's budget (mine included!) but Church Cottage and Church Garden Cottage in Studland might fit the bill. There's a pub a down the road or Pig at the Beach for something fancier. Beach is a five min walk.

ridingsixwhitehorses Mon 28-Dec-15 16:51:27

These are brilliant thank you though not sure my parents would go for these. Any others anyone know of?

ProfGrammaticus Mon 28-Dec-15 16:53:05

Why wouldn't they like these?

ridingsixwhitehorses Mon 28-Dec-15 17:05:13

Northumberland too far and Studland great but too big.

North Suffolk a possibility but need to present them lots of options...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now