Talk

Advanced search

the been a fool.

(4 Posts)
imwithspud Fri 25-Dec-15 16:01:38

I've committed a major Christmas faux pas, I accidentally set my expectations too high and now I'm a blubbering messhmm

The day started with dd1 waking up upset having leaked through her pull up, I could deal with that, it happens. Present opening went well, at around midday dp's aunt popped round to drop presents off, right when dd1 was being a menace and I was telling her off and I'm now mortified and thinking she thinks I'm terrible for shouting at my child on Christmas Day. When they left we dished out the presents, there was an envelope each for dp, and both dd's with money in them, but not one for me, which upset me not because I didn't get money but because I felt left out. It was most likely a mistake, I get on well with them and they're nice people so I got irrationally upset about that.

Getting upset then triggered me to start thinking about my granddad, who passed away earlier this year, and how it's the first Christmas without him etc. After that dd2 has been refusing to nap, I've spent the best part of 1.5hours trying to get her to sleep meaning I've felt like I've been missing out on Christmas. Dd2 now asleep but I'm now upset that she will most likely be napping through dinner and although at 7months she really won't care, I was really looking forward to all of us sitting round the table for a nice meal at Christmas.

All in all its my own fault for falling into the trap of setting my expectations too high. Apart from the above its actually been quite a nice day, just needed a rant really. Anyone else's day been less than perfect? Do share.

Chottie Fri 25-Dec-15 16:06:37

Ims there is no such thing as perfect day

Just relax and enjoy being with your family.

ShoppingBasket Fri 25-Dec-15 20:05:32

There is no such thing as a perfect Christmas. We've got the movies to thank for all the pressure. Enjoy your family and if things don't go accordingly so be it!

imwithspud Fri 25-Dec-15 20:30:06

Thanks, I managed to pull myself together and it was fine in the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now