Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What does Santa give your children and what do you give?

(22 Posts)
Stokey Thu 24-Dec-15 08:35:08

In the past, we've done everything from Santa but as the DC get older, it's getting increasingly complicated. So this year, we're doing stockings from Santa and one present each from their Christmas list. The rest ( about 4/5 others) is from us. But dd1 is getting a maxi scooter which is from us rather than Santa as it's not on her list. It feels a bit odd that her biggest present is from us but she asked Santa for Sylvanian Families.

Anyway how do you split it up?

Cressandra Thu 24-Dec-15 10:32:22

Ours get 2 "main" presents, one from us and one from santa. This year they total £50-60 per child, so although they are 2 x main presents I don't think it's OTT.

Then santa gives them a stocking, and there are a handful of smaller things - a puzzle or craft set, a bookpeople box set, some pjs - which we split between santa and us.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 24-Dec-15 10:36:25

Stockings from Father Christmas, under the tree from us. They would only ask Father Christmas for something small ish.

Helenluvsrob Thu 24-Dec-15 10:38:07

Santa does the stockings (well medium gift bags) and the other stuff is from us.

This has meant that there haven't been " santa traumas" with wobbly lips and fear/threat of no presents if people at school say things and it means that now they are 22/19/16 Santa will still bring stockings and we can play the "wow how did santa know I needed socks" and "gosh a bottle of cider, is 16 not under age at the north pole then" game and have a fab time.

Everyone in this house believes in Santa including me!

Hulababy Thu 24-Dec-15 10:51:19

Father Christmas brings one gift here and no stockings. We don't do stockings at all. Most things just go under the tree from names people including me and dh.

The FC gift is not necessarily a main or most expensive gift. It is just one that she has asked for. It comes assembled, set up and ready to use. It is unwrapped with traces of elf dust visible. And normally left near to where FC drink and snack were left.

Dd is 13 now and we still have to have the same routines!

elQuintoConyo Thu 24-Dec-15 10:53:12

Santa is a glorified postman in our house.

4yo DS has seen several FCs around (about a dozen on rollerblades!), so I don't know how we'd be able to keep up the pretence. He has watched us wrap his cousins' presents without questioning anything. We aren'tgoing down the route of 'we buy you X, FC brings you Y', can't be arsed!

QueryQuery Thu 24-Dec-15 11:19:04

Stockings from Santa, and maybe a small present. Santa isn't made of money!

AutumnLeavesArePretty Thu 24-Dec-15 12:45:26

Santa is just the delivery man, presents come from whoever bought them.

Don't bother with stockings as tried a couple of times and they end up full of tat so would rather buy more main presents.

Jesabel Thu 24-Dec-15 12:48:38

Father Christmas brings one main present (a Playmobil set each this year) which is wrapped and left on the end of the bed plus a small stocking with an orange, chocolate coins, a small book, game (e.g. top trumps) and some action figures in it.

We also give a main present (this year a scooter each) plus some clothes, wrapped and left under the tree.

booksrock Thu 24-Dec-15 12:54:00

Fc does stockings and what they ask for (gift for about 20 pounds) mason present and others from dh and I, other presents from whoever got them and already are under tree

Riderontheswarm Thu 24-Dec-15 13:03:21

Everything we give them comes from fc. I think it is more magical.

If anybody else gets them something they hand it to them themselves.

ginmakesitallok Thu 24-Dec-15 13:05:29

Santa brings everything here. Sometimes people ask him to bring special things, and they get thanked.

Squishyeyeballs Thu 24-Dec-15 13:34:00

Helenluvsrob That's a lovely way to do it fsmile I was saying to dh last night that I think next year we should try something like that, with santa filling the stockings with surprises and everything else from us. Our 2 are still baby/toddlers so it wouldn't make much of a difference either way. Plus, I'm not religious so don't buy very much into the nativity thing, I'd rather think of it as the season of goodwill and giving.

juneau Thu 24-Dec-15 13:41:37

Stockings from Santa.
Everything under the tree from family.

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 24-Dec-15 13:44:29

Santa does toys and stockings. I do the technology.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Thu 24-Dec-15 13:58:52

Everything from us is from Santa - so stockings and tree/main presents. Anything from anyone else is from them so he can thank them accordingly.

jeanmiguelfangio Fri 25-Dec-15 08:18:04

Father Christmas brings one present in my house (logistical nightmare for the big man otherwise) and it is a surprise.
DD asked for a reindeer for Christmas and when we saw FC he gave her one as a present! So he has bought her a walking horse that she saw in toysrus ages ago and said she liked. Father Christmas is always watching and gets you a surprise here.
everything else is from us or family/friends

MumofAAndE Fri 25-Dec-15 08:21:06

Stocking from FC, pressies under tree; 'big items' from us. Why does Santa spend more on better off kids etc?

Pidapie Fri 25-Dec-15 09:50:49

We don't complicate it very much. Santa brings stocking and 2 small presents, whilst the bigger ones are from us. Also presents from aunts and uncles are from them rather than Santa of course.

starry0ne Fri 25-Dec-15 09:55:08

Presents from others obviously labelled...Everything else from Santa

LocatingLocatingLocating Fri 25-Dec-15 09:55:33

Santa brings one smallish stocking each, containing about 10 little items (choc coins, DVD, joke shop toy, lego figure). We do everything else. Unspoken rule is that Santa gives everyone (us, GPs etc) 'the nod' that the DCs are deserving of having their present list requests fulfilled.

MummyPig24 Sat 26-Dec-15 13:25:17

Santa brings a sack with small presents in. Bubble bath, an outfit, pens, chocolate, book, DVD, novelty items and one or two small toys/lego set.

We give a big present, this year it was scooters for dd and ds2 and a Nintendo 3ds for ds1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now