Talk

Advanced search

Do you make videos of dcs on xmas morning or just take photos?

(8 Posts)
Squishyeyeballs Thu 24-Dec-15 08:12:43

I'm into amateur photography so I'll be taking loads of photos anyway. However, I'm toying with the idea of dragging out dhs camcorder that has rarely seen the light of day since purchase but I'm not sure if it would be worth the faff. I much prefer photos, they can be easily looked back through and printed etc. Do people actually watch back videos of this sort of thing? I remember years ago, making videos of xmas morning was a big novelty thing but with the advent of smartphones and the ability to record on demand, I think it has dwindled a bit.

Savagebeauty Thu 24-Dec-15 08:14:58

When dcs were little we took videos and still watch them back. It's their little voices you forget!
Now they are teens we don't.

AbiBranning Thu 24-Dec-15 08:18:14

Video of some things like the fart gun last year DS's laugh was amazing so glad I have that.

Caprinihahahaha Thu 24-Dec-15 08:19:59

Neither.
We just do it. I tried taking photos one year but it was dull. I like just sitting with them and watching.

AuntieStella Thu 24-Dec-15 08:33:30

Neither really.

If you start videoing, you become an observer not a participant IYSWIM. A few good photos are far less intrusive (and as it's a hobby for you, I bet yours are really good).

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Thu 24-Dec-15 08:36:46

Neither, my mum was bug on family photos for everything.
Most of my Christmas memories are wanting to play but having to smile at my mum who was behind a camera all morning.

CharleyDavidson Thu 24-Dec-15 22:50:09

I've videoed before now, when they were small. Now they are bigger, I'm not going to bother. I'd like to sit and watch properly and be able to talk to them about their gifts without having to be paranoid about the sound of my own voice.

CakeNinja Fri 25-Dec-15 01:55:02

Pretty much neither. I rarely take photos on Christmas Day as I'm honestly too busy enjoying them opening the presents, it's such a joy that I don't want to be faffing around with getting the right light and shots while wondering if my pants on the floor from the night before are in the shot fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now