Talk

Advanced search

What do you do on Boxing Day?

(13 Posts)
AtSea1979 Wed 23-Dec-15 09:16:48

I don't get Boxing Day. Growing up we never did anything so now I never do anything. It's always been just another day. So what do you do? Inspire me to change the routine and make it more special for DC.

gamerchick Wed 23-Dec-15 09:19:02

I do Christmas Day on Boxing Day (apart from Christmas morning present opening) I don't have the kids Christmas Day so just use it to unwind and chill from the chaos.

TheOnlyPink Wed 23-Dec-15 09:36:34

We host Christmas day. In laws in the morning, then my family for dinner and evening, so it's pretty manic and I love it!
On boxing day, we have our family Christmas. Eat whatever we want, watch films, play board games, play with toys that couldn't be opened on Christmas day due to so many people in the house! It's wonderful, I enjoy it just as much as the main day.

Savagebeauty Wed 23-Dec-15 09:37:58

Walk in Richmond. Lunch out. Dd spends her Xmas money.
Back for nibbly food.

dontevenblink Wed 23-Dec-15 09:41:05

Spend most of the day on the beach normally if it's nice. Not in the UK though, so it's summer here.

SparklyTinselTits Wed 23-Dec-15 09:42:34

Slob in front of the telly eating chocolate and party food until about 3pm. The my whole extended family pile into my aunt's tiny 2 bedroom semi, to eat more party food, get shit faced and play drunk bingo grin which really winds my nanna up

LibidinousTurkey Wed 23-Dec-15 12:11:50

We normally go shooting, it's a good way to blow the cobwebs away fgrin

This year though we will be at my DP's so not sure what they may or may not have planned. Sadly I fear it's of the "slobbing about or sales shopping" variety <sigh>

Chattymummyhere Wed 23-Dec-15 12:16:17

Big roast dinner, play with new toys/games and wall the dogs.

esiotrot2015 Wed 23-Dec-15 12:20:05

When I was young we followed the hunt on foot in the morning then in the afternoon went to the panto and in the evening had all the leftovers and my mums awesome trifle

This year we are having Xmas at home the four of us so Boxing Day we're off to my parents ( 3 hours drive up M 1) and having the leftovers meal with 18 of us and hopefully my mums awesome trifle grin

VulcanWoman Wed 23-Dec-15 12:26:45

Move my stomach around very carefully.

U2HasTheEdge Wed 23-Dec-15 13:09:09

Sometimes we go round my brothers with my mum and her partner. This year we are doing that on Sunday.

If we are home alone of boxing day we have a relaxing day of playing with toys/games that we didn't get time to really look at and we have a buffet- jacket potatoes with left over meat and any other food that needs eating. It's all very relaxed and lovely. I much prefer Boxing Day.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Wed 23-Dec-15 13:24:02

Usually we hang out at the pool, go to the beach, stop by the golf club and eat even more. Usually we are at my in laws in Florida smile

This year we will be in London and I have no idea so looking to this thread for inspiration too. I imagine there will be a certain amount of recovering from my hangover Christmas Day.

atticusclaw2 Wed 23-Dec-15 13:26:55

We do Christmas day all over again with whichever side of the family we didn't see the day before. Its a bit repetitive but its the way it's always been done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now