So, which presents have you put in a 'safe place' and now can't find?

(58 Posts)
CharleyDavidson Tue 22-Dec-15 00:31:31

I think I've got all mine. After hunting out gifts that had been stashed on my kitchen shelf, in my wardrobe - which is now breathing a sigh of relief after 2 heavy bags have been removed.

I spend a fraught ten mins looking for a book that arrived for DD2 and found it where it had fallen down the side of the sofa.

Still MIA - the personalised label I ordered for my niece for a nutella jar. I couldn't find the ones I got for my DD's but managed to locate them this weekend for their stockings, but the one that I ordered separately is still unaccounted for.

Pobspits Tue 22-Dec-15 00:35:07

A law patrol busy book and a magicians magic wand.

i think that's all.

Pobspits Tue 22-Dec-15 00:35:25

Paw not law!

intothewoods Tue 22-Dec-15 00:50:44

One twins' present to the other - I just cannot find it and the giving twin keeps asking where it is so that they can wrap it up! So annoyed with myself.

happsymum Tue 22-Dec-15 03:59:53

A make your own bonsai tree gift set. Oh no! DP put it somewhere so not even my own ridiculous " safe place"

ConstantlyChristmaslyCooking Tue 22-Dec-15 08:24:55

Still looking for the lovely gift I bought for DM on our summer hols.

cece Tue 22-Dec-15 08:29:05

Christmas eve pyjamas.
Had to go out and buy some more!

MinesAPintOfTea Tue 22-Dec-15 08:31:34

I'm giving my dad a CD that I bought 2 years ago and lost. It turned up this autumn. Presents for the DC are more problematic though!

DearPrudence Tue 22-Dec-15 08:35:30

A hoody for DS.

A Nutella label for my nephew.

Both driving me bananas! The label I can kind of understand but the hoody is big. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful grin

SweepTheHalls Tue 22-Dec-15 08:36:40

The bloody crackers!

Squishyeyeballs Tue 22-Dec-15 08:37:07

Had a mini heart attack yesterday when we couldn't find BILs bloody expensive present. Panic was amplified as we had workmen in the kitchen over the weekend and the last place we remembered seeing the gift was on the kitchen worktop fshock An hour of frantic searching and I suddenly remembered I had thrown the gift into our veg drawer out of reach of the toddler fgrin

Had things hidden all over the house until a few weeks ago when the toddler unearthed dhs main pressie and chucked it on the floor in front of him. Queue mission impossible style diving from me to oush it back into hiding (not sure if it worked but dh didn't let on either way). After that, I just stuffed everything in the attic or wrapped it up and put it under the tree fsmile

princessconsuelabannahammock Tue 22-Dec-15 08:38:23

I thought i was the only one to do this.......
Star wars origami for hubby and a set of oriental seeds for dfil just vanished!
Not a bloody clue! Feck

Pranmasghost Tue 22-Dec-15 08:40:17

Two boxes of mints with names on the tins and a box of Calvin Klein boxers!

CharleyDavidson Tue 22-Dec-15 10:02:55

I can add a memory stick that I bought to put photos and recordings of my late dad's voice on for mum. May have to replace if I can't find it.

princessconsuelabannahammock Tue 22-Dec-15 16:26:02

Found my awol presents in my gym clothes drawer - where else?? No idea what i was thinking at the time. Just need to find 5mins to wrap them now!

madmotherof2 Tue 22-Dec-15 16:31:18

Ghost hunt. Just don't know where it can be..

Swex Tue 22-Dec-15 16:31:21

Kylo ren outfit. Where is it!!!!!!!

JimmyGreavesMoustache Tue 22-Dec-15 16:32:32

none. I learnt from last year to keep them all together on top of the wardrobe.
I'm not smug though - they're so precariously stacked that earlier today I got concussed by a falling Disney Princess annual when I was rummaging for my walking boots.

Dreamiesrcatopium Tue 22-Dec-15 16:34:16

Pro age hand cream and gentlemans manicure set for my Dad. (He prides himself on his hands, nearly 80, still beautiful.) He shall have to keep on using Mums as they have vanished!
A pair of unicorn socks for my niece. I bought 3 for the 3 nieces, 2 still remain?! Wtf?

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Tue 22-Dec-15 16:35:26

Two Magi-Clip Frozen dolls. I know they are in my bedroom, which is a tip ...

FireflyGirl Tue 22-Dec-15 20:28:57

DS's bath toys.

I put them in the pile with the rest of his presents. Wrapped those at the weekend and realised I hadn't seen the bath toys. They were in the spare room, and DH has 'tidied' it for DSIL to stay in. I'm never going to find them, am I?!? fhmm

DragonsCanHop Tue 22-Dec-15 21:16:17

2 x £20 Costa vouchers and a bottle of Mont Blonc aftershave.

Annoying thing is I remeber buying them and thinking shit I've got to hide them and in that moment I hid them very well fangry

CocktailQueen Tue 22-Dec-15 21:17:41

An iTunes voucher! Grrrrrrrr.

KondosSecretJunkRoom Tue 22-Dec-15 21:21:07

A Pokemon baseball cap and a pair of novelty socks. I think we'll survive.

CharleyDavidson Tue 22-Dec-15 22:17:10

Hmmm.... I must be imagining things. I've asked nutella via their fb page whether the order for my niece's jar label went through. They say that they have no record of my email address ordering one for her name. But I was convinced that it had arrived and I've stashed it somewhere. Apparently not. Their website was remarkably unreliable the weekend I did it, and you didn't get email confirmation, so there was no way to check whether it had gone thorugh properly. Well, she didn't know she was going to get it, so no loss.

I have 5 gifts left to wrap.

And another 5 gifts that I panicked and twitched and purchased via amazon last night that should arrive tomorrow. Plus 2 kids graze boxes that will arrive tomorrow in the post and which I hope to intercept and add to their piles of tatt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now