Talk

Advanced search

Who are you hosting for Christmas dinner

(51 Posts)
50shadesofknackered Tue 22-Dec-15 00:23:07

i'm we are cooking Christmas lunch for my Mum and dad, dh Mum and dad, the dc and of course ourselves. I was just wondering who you are all cooking for on Chistmas day.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 22-Dec-15 00:51:00

Only 6 of us but I'm in charge at PILs with their Aga which is not something I am used to.

Am a bit eek!

Savagebeauty Tue 22-Dec-15 00:52:13

Me and 2 teens.
Easy peasy.
Not a Turkey in sight.

marsybum Tue 22-Dec-15 00:56:48

My mum and dad, myself, dh, dd, ds2 and as was announced tonight ds1 and his boyfriend!! not totally unexpected but still a little bit of a surprise...

intothewoods Tue 22-Dec-15 01:03:39

The world and its dog seemingly, I don't mind in fact I love having them here but the level of cooking is a bit daunting. They stay for quite a while and eat me out of house and home....

50shadesofknackered Tue 22-Dec-15 02:51:26

The cooking is a bit daunting, I know its essentially just a Sunday lunch but getting all the timings right will be stressful..

tilder Tue 22-Dec-15 03:01:28

Me, dh, three kids and the inlaws. Am very fond of my fil but mil is unbelievable.

Deep joy.

MummyPig24 Tue 22-Dec-15 07:03:43

The 5 of us plus my dad and brother.

MsMermaid Tue 22-Dec-15 07:05:14

Just the 4 of us. Nice and simple.

WiryElevator Tue 22-Dec-15 07:05:41

DH, me, 2 DC, DM, DF and MiL.

Piece of piss compared to 8 hour party we held at the weekend for 75. fgrin

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 22-Dec-15 07:05:59

Me and teenage dd, really easy.

MrsBartlet Tue 22-Dec-15 07:07:52

4 of us plus PiLs. On Boxing Day we are hosting 18 as that is when my family are coming. Should be fairly easy as we are doing a buffet and 7 of the 18 are children grin

WiryElevator Tue 22-Dec-15 07:10:03

50shades - sure you've thought of this but to help with timings:

- take turkey out up to an hour before you serve it, wrap in foil and tea towels
- use your microwave for veg
- you don't need that many veg per person - how much can people fit on a plate!
- Prosecco makes everything less stressful

We have an ongoing joke about the parsnips. One year my mum found the parsnips in the cold oven about 4 hours after we had eaten. Poor woman has never been able to forget it

Shirkingfromhome Tue 22-Dec-15 07:10:04

The out-laws smile I actually like mine though; so 6 adults and 2 toddlers. First time cooking a Christmas dinner but I have lots of wine in so I will make sure everyone's had a good drink before they eat.

laineylou Tue 22-Dec-15 07:11:02

DH, DS,DD, (teenagers) MIL (82) DM (83) and her boyfriend fwink (87)

Bythepath Tue 22-Dec-15 07:12:01

Me, dh, 3x DC, fil and a work colleague of dh who has no family to go to. Very happy to have him join us.

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Tue 22-Dec-15 07:17:13

Me DP DSS and my dad, can't wait! Wee have Danish Christmas on 24th with roast duck and flæskesteg and turkey on 25th. I love to cook so no stress at all.

nightandthelight Tue 22-Dec-15 11:18:45

Me, DH, MIL, FIL and BIL. Staying from 23-27th! First year hosting and am almost 8 months pregnant so feeling a bit daunted fshock

Palomb Tue 22-Dec-15 11:23:57

We are going to my brothers but I'm cooking there. He's only got a tiny oven. There's 12 of us altogether. Am a bit 😲 About it. I've ordered a lot of the sainsburys part cooked stuff so it's just reheating things really.

Tbh we don't really eat fancy food the rest of the Christmas period. I have a bif ham ill probably cook tomorrow which we'll base most of our other meals around. We'll probably have a take away on Christmas Eve.

Paperblank Tue 22-Dec-15 19:59:31

Just 4 on Christmas Day - my DM & DF, DH & I.

Will be lovely, chilled out, relaxed and thoroughly enjoyable. My DM and I will potter happily in the kitchen doing the dinner, drinking sherry (DM) and singing christmas songs.

DH & DF will "get out from under our feet" and wander to the pub for a pint.

I like hosting and I'm really looking forward to spending some time with my DH, mum and dad.

StellaAlpina Tue 22-Dec-15 20:14:05

Me (and bump) & DH
DM & DF
DBro
MIL & FIL
BIL
A family friend of my parents who they usually host as she has no family
A random cousin of DHs (I don't think he's ever met her!) who is cabin crew with a layover in London over Christmas.

So 10.5 of us, there is a massive turkey to cook and I'm really excited grin

Bubbletree4 Tue 22-Dec-15 20:15:41

Just us 4. I hate cooking for loads of people, it really stresses me out so I don't host.

mrssmith79 Tue 22-Dec-15 20:17:52

No-one! We're dining out. Can't wait.

peachypips Tue 22-Dec-15 20:24:03

Me, OH, DS1, DS2, Grandma Welwyn, Mum and Dad B'wade, sister and bro in law and their two boys, other sister, bro and sis in law and my mate Clair.
So 15 for turkey and the like.

Crikeyblimey Tue 22-Dec-15 20:24:29

Was supposed to be 14 but various siblings / neices / nephews had other pkane so 9 of us.
Me, dh and ds
My sis and BIL
My other sis and her 'special friend' but he has a plumbing business and always does the 'on call' to give his staff the day off so may or may not make it for the feast.
My niece and my great nephew.
Really looking forward to it.
First Christmas in our new house and finally have enough room for everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now