Talk

Advanced search

What clever questions have your kids asked about Santa (and what were your answers?)

(13 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Tue 22-Dec-15 00:10:46

Dd last year wanted to know why Santa uses the wrapping paper she had seen me buy in a shop. She was 4. Taught me a valuable lesson.

This year she wondered why toys come in same packaging as they do in shops if Santa makes it all himself.

Readysteadyknit Tue 22-Dec-15 00:21:13

DD (now 19) aged 6 decided Santa could not be real when she realised that some children got expensive presents and others got less (or nothing).

ceeveebee Tue 22-Dec-15 00:33:47

If Santa is so magic, why does he have to come down the chimney, can't he just magic himself a key? This was my just-turned 3yo DD last year!

This year she's asked why we had to donate toys to mission, can't Santa just sort them out? And also how can he possible get round all the houses in the world in one night? And how can he be watching me when the door is closed? Sigh, I think she will be that child that ruins it for her whole class and she's not even in school yet!!

BiddyPop Tue 22-Dec-15 14:43:12

Why did Santa and Mrs Claus' answer to my letter have An Post (the Post Office) written all over it?

Maybe they were outsourcing some of the work? I don't know, maybe they printed it or the PO added that when sending them?

DD is just about to turn 10, seems to blatantly refuse to bring up the "is he real" question, but is a complete logic nut, DH and I reckon that she has it figured out from at least 3 years ago just refuses to say.

Baconyum Wed 23-Dec-15 01:50:19

Readysteadyknit I know its a bit late now grin but my resolution to this issue when dd was little was 'Santa just organises the parents get the bill in January, Santa's good not a trillionaire!'

Ceeveebee

its traditional from when people had much more difficult doors to deal with

Santa too busy right now to deal with the toys to the mission so we have to help him out.

He gets round all the houses, partly through magic and partly with the aid of time differences, basically Christmas eve lasts 24 hours when you take time difference into account. He's also been very clever and negotiated different delivery dates around the world. In some countries he delivers on different dates.

There's Santa CCTV in every house, you can't see it but its there (some sneaky surprises she thinks you don't know about can help to back this up)

Biddypop Santa has to use the post the same as everyone else as it's the law. He has to save the magic for Christmas too so prior to Christmas uses mortal technology. He even does emails.

I miss those days a lot. I used to love sussing out the one present she hadnt told me about and thought only Santa knew about and making sure she got it. The money answer was necessary as I really didn't have much to spend and plus she'd ask for helicopters etc!

Stars1 Wed 23-Dec-15 02:13:03

DD was about 7 (now 14 ) asked where does Mrs Claus like to holiday each year, was it the same place or do they choose somewhere different!

No idea were that came from santa

beavis7 Wed 23-Dec-15 03:26:23

My son asked today 'How many languages does Father Christmas speak?'. I said I think he can speak all languages as he has travelled around the world so many times. His response? 'But he's never heard us speak. We are always asleep when he comes...' Out of the mouth of babes!

wonderingsoul Wed 23-Dec-15 16:51:20

Why there was so many different santas in the shops.. more then one...

So I told them they arnt the real real Santa's but their in line to be. So when the real santa gets to old and has to retire then one of them take he's place but they have to show how good they are at being santa so they take the role if going to speak to children in the shops and practise.

Toattly brought it and they said it makes sence lol

cece Wed 23-Dec-15 16:58:18

The answer to any Santa question is

No one knows for sure as he is magic.

gabsdot45 Wed 23-Dec-15 17:47:11

Yesterday DD aged 8 asked me what we would do about the house alarm, because Santa would set it off.
I told her we'd ring the alarm company and ask them.

katienana Wed 23-Dec-15 18:51:37

We just say we send santa the money and he delivers the presents if ds is on the nice list. He goes down the chimney because it's quicker to park the sleigh on the roof if he can.

KeepPloddingOn Wed 23-Dec-15 18:55:34

A few years ago, DD would have been about 5 was asking herself a rhetorical question....what if santa isn't real?

"That's ok cos if it's not santa it must be the easter bunny and tooth fairy that deliver presents" was her rhetorical answer.

FeelingSmurfy Wed 23-Dec-15 19:00:33

2yr old, saw a book being put in trolley in October, asked who it was for "the poor kids" unwrapped it Christmas morning "I thought this was for the poor kids daddy" blush oh...ummm...I guess father Christmas saw that you liked it so he got you one too

My friends little boy fgrin I witnessed from start to finish, and had a coughing fit at the end fwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now