Talk

Advanced search

Letters from Father Christmas

(5 Posts)
HarrietSchulenberg Sun 20-Dec-15 23:26:03

Does anyone else make their own letters to DC from Father Christmas? I've done them for the last 10 years but am really struggling to find the time to get them drawn, written and signed (by my dad) this year.
Bet Tolkein never had this trouble.
Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

JasperDamerel Mon 21-Dec-15 08:53:41

Father Christmas just leaves a short note. The big letter comes from our elf, so gets written in November when I have a bit more time, which is good as they get longer and longer every year as the stories get more intricate.

SatsukiKusakabe Mon 21-Dec-15 10:10:33

I was thinking about starting this as is 4 and a half, but don't think I will have time. We don't go hugely into the Santa myth, but just adds to the fun.

I love Tolkien's, when I read it I was struck by how short childhood seems, as you see the children outgrow the idea in what is just a few pages, gradually one by one they stop being addressed until only one remains (till she is about 14 though!) it made me realise how quickly it all goes, and how important it is to make time for a bit of make believe magic, so think it is lovely you make the effort (no pressure fgrin)

SatsukiKusakabe Mon 21-Dec-15 10:14:35

I realise I may have contradicted myself in the second paragraph about making time, but I am currently laid up with sinusitis so don't know what I'll be able to manage.

butterflybuns Mon 21-Dec-15 10:47:32

I've found www.rooftoppost.co.uk which has beautiful illustrated free printable letters from Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny. It's also got story letters you can print out. It's fantastic, just need to do some printing now. Also look on portable north pole to get a personalised message from Santa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now