Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE help

(12 Posts)
Tobleronester Sun 20-Dec-15 21:24:25

Me find something for my stepdad. I had ordered him a commissioned picture but I've been let down with it being done in time. He's late 40s. Doesn't drink. Has a lot of health issues so doesn't go out much. Tickets for anything and days out vouchers can be iffy as we don't always know if he will be well enough to go. Spends a lot of time on his laptop but have no idea what I could get to do with that. Loves being out on the garden with his 18mo old grandson and his dog. Does a lot of DIY but has so many tools I wouldn't know where to begin with that. I'm stumped. And I'm running out of time.

Thanks in advance x

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 20-Dec-15 21:26:01

Lego.

I was stumped with what to buy my dad and I ended up buying some Lego Technics.

lokijet Sun 20-Dec-15 21:28:05

bird feeder for gardens he can watch when not well enough to go out - available from amazon (my DB just got one for my mum!)

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 20-Dec-15 21:29:00

Amazon have some lovely garden gift sets - twine, seed envelopes, that kind of thing. All packaged up in a practical tin. A gardening mug - has a saucer which can also be used as a lid to stop bugs and dirt getting into it. Bug habitats and bird boxes/feeders? A nice solid garden seat?

wizzler Sun 20-Dec-15 21:31:31

Echo the stuff for the garden suggested by Loki
Magazine subscription?

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 20-Dec-15 21:32:52

Something like one of these if you could get it on time?

www.athleteshop.co.uk/step2-garden-hopper?gclid=CK2Xksqx68kCFcjnwgodFYYGWg

Handy when he needs a sit down when out in the garden.

SerenaJoy Sun 20-Dec-15 21:36:15

This might be a rubbish idea, but what about a grown up colouring book and some nice pens?

Tobleronester Sun 20-Dec-15 21:46:11

Thanks for all your suggestions. Quite like the birdbox cam idea. He's a big animal lover and if he can hook it up to his laptop then it'll fulfilly the techy part too. Colouring book idea is good but it might be abit too fiddly for him.

WottaMess Sun 20-Dec-15 21:48:53

I have had success with a weather station... Something like this which is great for choosing what to wear, what the plants might need, driving conditions etc. My difficult to buy for dad loves his a few years back (and I have one of my own).

Lovelydiscusfish Sun 20-Dec-15 22:39:48

If he's a big dog lover, something for the dog? Pets at Home vouchers? A calendar of his favourite dog breed? ( this might all sound rubbish, but I'm would lve this).

happsymum Mon 21-Dec-15 03:48:00

Maybe a personalised mug/calendar with pics of grandson and dog together or collaged. snapfish still doing orders and have £10 off atm.

florentina1 Mon 21-Dec-15 10:01:13

If he cannot alway get out, would he like a jigsaw. I bought one for a sick relatives which was all the brands and packages from when they were young. It was a good talking point as well as something to,do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now