Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Fridge(TM) is here : )

(15 Posts)
NarcyCow Sun 20-Dec-15 16:48:09

It's full to bursting, there's no way we could fit anything else in. There are three different types of alcohol-soused cream in there, and 5 patés. There's a big squeezy bottle of Hellmann's mayo ready for the leftover sandwiches, and some interesting mustards. And every time we open it, a waft of cheese stink envelops the kitchen.

Merry Christmas, everyone fgrin

Peppaspants Sun 20-Dec-15 16:50:56

So funny, ours is the same. We have nothing we could actually eat for dinner, but we do have 12 different types of party food, four types of cream, ten types of cheese and a lot of bubbles. And the smell.....the Brie is going to walk out of there by Friday....

Paperblank Sun 20-Dec-15 16:52:14

Mine will be stuffed to bursting point on Tuesday - I have the mini fridge on standby should it be required fgrin

MummyPig24 Sun 20-Dec-15 16:56:13

The fridge in the shed is full of orange juice, cider, beer, lemonade, elderflower, Buck's Fizz, prosecco.

Christmas fridge in the kitchen will arrive on Wednesday. Although we need to rapidly eat what's in there already. Good thing the dcs are off school!

laundryeverywhere Sun 20-Dec-15 16:57:17

Lol we have a Christmas fridge that is not normally used and I turn it off and use as a cupboard the rest of the time. I have 15 different cheeses! The funny thing is I am on a diet and only planning a few days off plan so not sure how much I will eat and we are only a small family and don't get many visitors. Still I am sure we can make a good dent in it.

SymphonyofShadows Sun 20-Dec-15 18:24:03

Mine is all fired up too and full of wine, cheeses, wine, cold meats, wine, olives and wine. I may have to take some wine out on Weds though when I collect my M&S order.

RJnomore1 Sun 20-Dec-15 18:25:36

Oh the waft of cheese!grin

I've decided I need pate now.

Cherrysherbet Sun 20-Dec-15 20:41:18

All I've got is a few snacks in the cupboard, fridge is empty! Just got back from weekend away. Need to make lists tonight .....lots and lots of lists!

imwithspud Sun 20-Dec-15 20:48:45

Had a big shopping delivery today so ours is the same! My freezer and cupboard are full to bursting too, at least in the unlikely event of a zombie apocalypse or the even less likely event of getting snowed in we have a nice supply of food to see us throughgrin

Squishyeyeballs Sun 20-Dec-15 23:20:17

Mmmmmm mine has red onion chutney waiting to be slathered on everything..... fgrin

mysteryfairy Sun 20-Dec-15 23:52:42

DH got a beer from the outhouse where I generally store drinks etc at Christmas and it was not remotely cold shock - my Christmas fridge strategy needs a radical rethink...

DramaAlpaca Sun 20-Dec-15 23:57:23

Mine's full too, and I've a Tesco delivery coming tomorrow. I've no idea where I'm going to put it all.

BiddyPop Mon 21-Dec-15 10:41:46

I have an almost empty fridge (decent waft of cheese stink though!!) - I just about have enough for this week's dinners, and need to make choc truffles tonight so there's a lot of cream.

But it is so nice to not be cramming turkey and all the bits in this year.

Although - I think I could swap that for travelling down (it will be grim in MILs, and enforced jollity to make up for it in my DPs, before at least 1 of my DSiblings overdoes the wine and has a row with someone else, and then we are back to grim).

My freezer is quite full though...

LibidinousTurkey Mon 21-Dec-15 11:00:36

Almost empty here as we are away for Christmas. I want a Christmas fridge <stamp foot>

Wiifitmama Mon 21-Dec-15 11:05:16

We are leaving tomorrow for holiday too so our fridge is almost empty. It feels very odd! But we are probably saving money in some ways!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now