Talk

Advanced search

Tips for wrapping large presents

(10 Posts)
Jeanniejampots80 Sun 20-Dec-15 10:41:05

My DD (20m) got her IKEA kitchen today for various reasons ie going to in laws for Christmas and too big to transport. But just a tip for wrapping halfords do big "wrapping sheets" for bikes so bought one and it was perfect for the kitchen

BockCadger Sun 20-Dec-15 10:52:12

Wow, I LOVE that kitchen! 😍
Thanks for the tip too!

Jeanniejampots80 Sun 20-Dec-15 11:27:28

Ah thanks, amazing what some tile/ marble coloured vinyl and silver paint can do. Sheet also now packed away for future use smile

ALemonyPea Sun 20-Dec-15 11:36:15

A large paper tablecloth also works wonders for big presents. We wrapped DS1s car in it one year.

WhoJazz Sun 20-Dec-15 11:46:02

That kitchen is GORGEOUS! Great tip too

Jeanniejampots80 Sun 20-Dec-15 12:14:31

ALemonyPie I never would have thought of a table cloth will remember that one too for the future. The "pimping" of the kitchen was for my dad and I to have some fun together doing it up ( and to make it look better in my living room smile )

Saukko Sun 20-Dec-15 13:41:16

Eek, yeah I just chuck a tablecloth or blanket over the big ones. Bonus is that neither of my kids ever recognised them as presents so they opened them last and were very surprised smile

HerdOfRhino Sun 20-Dec-15 14:42:08

I wrapped ds's biggest present buy putting it inside a Christmas double duvet cover.

I will put the duvet cover, on my bed, in future.
fsmile

Hope your little one likes her kitchen.

Jeanniejampots80 Sun 20-Dec-15 19:26:41

God she loves it! Playing with it in one way or the other since she got up smile huge hit. Delighted

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sun 20-Dec-15 19:33:56

Don't know it would be enough for our large present - netball post! It is in a box folded up. It would be nice to have it assembled so they can use it straight away but not sure whether to hope they don't look in a certain direction (can see whole garden from conservatory) or leave in box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now