Talk

Advanced search

Your Recommendations For a Healthy Eating Cookbook

(10 Posts)
DioneTheDiabolist Sat 19-Dec-15 17:56:42

My uncle has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. It is at a very early stage but he and his consultant have agreed that it would be best for him to have it removed.

They will not operate though until he loses 3 stone. Can anyone recommend a healthy eating, low calorie cookbook that contains easy recipes that a middle aged man would enjoy?

Prizepudding Sat 19-Dec-15 20:04:32

I have Ainsley Harriet's low fat meals in minutes and find the recipes work and are really nice. I've heard good things about the hairy bikers low fat book, when they did some of them on tv they looked nice

colouringinagain Sat 19-Dec-15 20:07:23

Another vote for Aisles book. We eat from there regularly and aren't trying to lose weight smile

lavendersun Sat 19-Dec-15 20:09:02

I have got three hairy bikers healthy cookbooks and I rate and use them all.

Nothing has ever been a 'mistake'. Lots of hearty meals. I use them on my fast days and am often surprised at the amount of food for the calorie count, there is a lot of it!

Ladyface Sat 19-Dec-15 20:10:44

Hairy Dieters is great - plenty of hearty meals, easy to follow recipes and you don't need lots of obscure ingredients that end up out of date at the back of the cupboard.

Ladyface Sat 19-Dec-15 20:11:48

Cross-posted oops!

lavendersun Sat 19-Dec-15 20:23:47

I wonder where we both got 'hearty' from ladyface grin. Is it written on the books and ingrained in our subconscious? ...... I could get up to have a look but I can't be bothered.

Good 'manly' food though for low calorie, DH eats like a horse because he does a lot of exercise and always loves it (he wouldn't have a clue it is a healthy option).

Ladyface Sat 19-Dec-15 20:41:19

I had to check but it doesn't say it. It is the best way of describing the book though! The beef stroganoff is the favourite in my house.

lavendersun Sat 19-Dec-15 20:58:26

I checked too!! No mention. DD absolutely loves the baked coated chicken fillet things (yoghurt, tiny amount of breadcrumbs and parmesan from memory). The curry is good too.

I bought one and loved it so I bought the others (all on offer in Tesco at the time).

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 19-Dec-15 21:15:35

Thank you all.[fthanks]
Hairy Bikers it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now