Talk

Advanced search

If you're worried about a fresh wreath lasting, look at this!

(6 Posts)
FinestGrundyTurkey Sat 19-Dec-15 14:53:01

Some fool put last year's fresh wreath away with the decorations - it's been in a plastic bag for a year!

It is actually browner than it looks here but still holding together remarkably well grin and still smells slightly piney

(It's gone in the compost bin now, after I took the ribbons & baubles off)

Oldraver Sat 19-Dec-15 18:07:52

Yep I have a very similar one and have put it back out this year. The pine looks a little grey but I don't care.

We have several pine trees out the front of our house and pine is vitually indestructible and it never rots down

FinestGrundyTurkey Sat 19-Dec-15 20:56:36

I might have reused this one if I'd known it was there but I'd already bought a new one (weeks ago in fact)

StoptheRavelry Sun 20-Dec-15 08:36:28

I need to make a new one using the old twig frame but our new garden has no evergreen anything.

We practically lived in a forest in our old one. Making it worse is the fact I can see next door but one's tremendous holly tree just out of reach!!

I think this will be our job for the day. Going on a hunt for ivy and stuff.

mrsdavegrohl Sun 20-Dec-15 09:23:41

I accidently packed away a stocking with a clementine in it one year. Came out looking exactly the same if a little dry and light haha

StoptheRavelry Sun 20-Dec-15 11:39:37

I think that's how you make a pomander grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now