Talk

Advanced search

When, out of the blue, your husband asks you.......

(24 Posts)
jamtartandcustard Fri 18-Dec-15 12:34:24

......Which colour is better? X or y?

And you know full well he's buying you that bag you asked for grin grin grin

My dh is so not subtle

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 18-Dec-15 12:54:13

That's lovely grin hope it's not a scarf

I was looking at jumpers last week and comparing camel and blush, saying I thought a pale pink suited me better. I watched dh's features slowly drop into a grimace. Then as I said camel would be alright in something like a coat because more neutral, he suddenly perked up. So that's a camel coat I'm getting then...no poker face fhmm fgrin

LibidinousTurkey Fri 18-Dec-15 12:54:58

My poor befuddled DH has brave the mine field that is The Internet and ordered me a lovely knife for outdoorsy activities. Sadly he's managed to order two the same, both on the same order fgrin

I feel bad for him really because The Internet is always a struggle for him and he was so pleased he had managed to do it <snigger>

jamtartandcustard Fri 18-Dec-15 13:26:55

It was they way he referred to colour 2 as grape. If he'd said purple I would have been wtf, what for? But no he asked about grape. So obvious.
Bless they do try these men don't they?

RudeElf Fri 18-Dec-15 13:29:12

grin @ 'grape'! Dead giveaway!

Any idea what it is?

RudeElf Fri 18-Dec-15 13:29:43

Sorry, i see it is a bag! Lucky duck!

RudeElf Fri 18-Dec-15 13:30:41

So that's a camel coat I'm getting then...no poker face

grin

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 18-Dec-15 13:43:33

That is funny..."so what's the best colour, grape , oak Or elephant grey? Just hypothetically speaking, of course."

jamtartandcustard Fri 18-Dec-15 13:45:02

m.cathkidston.com/cross-body-bags/small-leather-cross-body-bag-1016700

I had mentioned it the other week and got a "no bloody chance, look at the price" response. Clearly, he's changed his mind.

munkisocks Fri 18-Dec-15 13:50:07

My dh wants a new tablet and has hinted which colour is better, which processor, and which is the better keyboard colour. All in the hope I'll remember and buy him the exact one if I'm feeling generous haha. He's not subtle at all. I've bought him it and it's under the tree but he thinks it's a heavy selection box atm rofl.

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 18-Dec-15 13:54:32

Ahh, I like that, so nice when they actually take a hint, instead of leaving it there, ignored and lonely.

My dh must think I really like discussing earrings, but not owning them hmm grin

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Fri 18-Dec-15 17:05:44

DH gave away something yesterday too. We happened to be talking about what our favourite ghibli films were, when I said mine he looked at DD and they high-fived fhmm FFS! He's always grumbling about how I so often figure out what my presents are and yet he still does that fgrin he just gets overexcited. I still don't know the actual present (it's not the film itself as we have it) but I know the theme now.

Lurleene Fri 18-Dec-15 17:11:34

A few weeks ago I showed DH my toiletries stash and said I had enough stuff from The Body Shop to last me the next five years.

Last week I saw him sneak a huge Body Shop bag into the house.

He clearly took from that conversation that I like The Body Shop.

ScrappyMalloy Fri 18-Dec-15 17:22:52

You know he just heard 'blah blah Bodyshop' and thought 'That's what she wants!'

Mine can't even hear the hints, and dashes round last minute and buys something awful, so I get my own and give it to him to wrap. That way, it's spot on fwink

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 18-Dec-15 17:30:37

Can you guess my favourite ghibli film fuzzpiggypudding? fwink fgrin

I'll be looking out for you on the 'what did you get?' Threads. Not in a creepy way fgrin

RB68 Fri 18-Dec-15 17:44:20

HA ha ha mine asks for a wish lists, buys everything off it and hides it when it arrives - and acts like hes got Christmas sussed - just one year wld like a surprise that works

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Fri 18-Dec-15 17:55:19

fgrin I couldn't possibly guess Satsuki! fwink Mine is Kiki's Delivery Service, I love Jiji.

Last year I found DD the most perfect t-shirt. It was Totoro flying through the sky, and the sky was Starry Night - DD's favourite painting. I bought it big, but I'll be gutted when she outgrows it!

(sorry OP that last bit was not even vaguely relevant to the thread)

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 18-Dec-15 18:17:45

I love Kiki, too, on my own account and looking forward to watching it with my dd when she's old enough. Totoro will always be special though as it's the first film I took my ds to see at the cinema, it was so beautiful and he was so enthralled <sniffs> That t shirt sounds lovely. I still have special too-small t-shirts from my childhood fsmile

Sorry for derail, OP

RudeElf Fri 18-Dec-15 18:21:24

My dh must think I really like discussing earrings, but not owning them

grin

Arrowfanatic Sun 20-Dec-15 14:07:30

A couple of years ago my husband was suprememly chuffed with himself when he bought me a beautiful toiletries set from Molton Brown. Apparently all the girls at work were raving to him about how I would love something like this. Posh bubble bath and bath salts. One slight hitch, we didn't have a bath and I'm not a fan of them anyway much prefer a quick shower.

SteveBrucesNose Tue 22-Dec-15 09:49:09

DH did a really good one last year. I was working away for the week before christmas in a snowy place, and arriving back at 10pm on christmas eve. He gave me 2 cold-weather related presses before I flew. Very nice of him - I gave him a multi-pack of World Beers and a new PS4 game to keep him entertained in my absence.

He then said 'I did have a really good idea that I'd get you a Burberry scarf but then remembered you already had one'.

Erm, no I didn't.

He then handed me some cash to buy one in the airport on my way. And yes, it was a really good idea.

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Sat 26-Dec-15 00:18:57

Satsuki! I can't sleep so I thought I'd update you, though I don't know if you'll see this post now as it's an old thread. (Sorry OP for hijacking... again)

The present chosen by my 8yo DD was indeed Studio Ghibli-related.

It's a pair of black conversey type shoes... with the Kiki's Delivery Service logo on them! fgrin DD had written a warning on the wrapping "dear mum, just so you know, you might scream" - she wasn't wrong... fblush

SatsukiKusakabe Sun 27-Dec-15 20:48:38

Oh fuzzpiggypudding that's so sweet, and they must have gone to some trouble to find them for you, and still managed to surprise you despite your dh's best efforts grin It sounds like you have a lovely relationship with her.

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Mon 28-Dec-15 12:25:28

Yep she's my little anime buddy! Same with my DSD (17) we are all big fans and really bond over it. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now