Talk

Advanced search

Christmas gift ideas for two little girls (6 and 9) who have everything

(17 Posts)
LancashirePudding Fri 18-Dec-15 11:11:33

I'm really stuck on what to buy for two little girls, aged 6 and 9, who are from a very wealthy family and have so many expensive toys, clothes etc. They are lovely girls but I find it really hard to buy gifts for them as they are so used to such expensive things. My budget is up to £30 for each girl and I'm struggling to find anything that their parents won't turn their noses up at. I know that the price shouldn't matter but I have a sneaking suspicion that gifts I've bought in the past have been chucked away as they've not been deemed 'fancy' enough.

The elder girl is rather creative so I'm thinking of something crafty, although struggling to get something that isn't too babyish but equally isn't going to be too difficult for her. I'm completely clueless about what to get the younger girl.

Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be most gratefully received!

gonegrey56 Fri 18-Dec-15 11:15:17

There are some lovely colouring in books out there,given the new craze for this. I have even bought my much older daughter the Vogue one , with a pack of crayons. Maybe one of these each, the 9 year old might well like the Vogue one ?
Amazon has them .

pookamoo Fri 18-Dec-15 11:15:24

What is your relationship to them?

Tickets for the panto / zoo / cinema / etc would be a welcome change, and if you want them to have something to unwrap, you could find a small inexpensive token gift that represents the treat, e.g some popcorn to go with cinema tickets, animal biscuits for zoo tickets, etc...

Time spent with children is so much more valuable.

As a parent of two little girls, albeit not wealthy, they have everything they could possibly need, a gift like this would be appreciated by everyone.

Loobylou3 Fri 18-Dec-15 11:18:12

what about a joint present and a 6 month subscription to something like this?

www.littlepassports.com/uk/little-passports-world-edition-uk-gift

LancashirePudding Fri 18-Dec-15 11:48:53

Thanks so much for the replies, they are all really lovely ideas.

The girls are extended family but there is a difficult (and almost non-existent) relationship with the parents. I am very fond of the girls but because of the relationship with the parents I don't see much of them which is why I'm sadly rather clueless about what they enjoy.

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Fri 18-Dec-15 11:56:28

My 6 year old loves her Lost my name book which is very good quality

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Fri 18-Dec-15 11:57:26

Doh vinci is also very popular at both their ages and is quickly used up so even if they have had it before it's still a great present

INeedACheeseSlicer Fri 18-Dec-15 12:06:19

Djeco do really good craft kits, and they are quite expensive and good quality, and a bit quirky.

one of these ones would be good for a 9 year old. The silk painting ones look particularly good, and my 8 year old loves the sand pictures. They look really professional afterwards.

these ones are probably better for a 5 year old.

jamtartandcustard Fri 18-Dec-15 13:35:11

I would go for a voucher for a day out. Is there a pottery painting studio near them? Or cinema/bowling alley. And maybe some treats and bath stuff as your budget is quite generous.
I'd avoid toys unless it's lego and go with things to be used so they won't be thrown away.

WiryElevator Fri 18-Dec-15 14:48:13

My 9 yo DD has asked for loads of Yummy Nummy shite stuff this year so she will be getting that.

I long ago gave up trying to foist artinsal edukashunal guff on her and now buy shite that she actually likes and uses.

WorriedWoman1234 Fri 18-Dec-15 14:57:57

Why do you intend spending £30 each on them, when they have everything and will no doubt have another load of stuff for Christmas. Why not "adopt" an animal for them - not sure what it costs but you get info and a cuddly leopard/tiger, whatever it is. Otherwise what about book tokens for a tenner.

Pranmasghost Fri 18-Dec-15 16:11:19

Get the 9 year old the new illustrated Harry Potter, a Harry Potter colouring book and some pens. Get the six year old the book Paper Dolls and a Melissa and Doug set of dress up dolls. Alternatively you could get them each a Lottie Doll and a couple of extra outfits. I love the Fossil Hunter one.

Joint present - big mixing bowl, 2 wooden spoons, pretty cupcake cases, loads of icing and sprinkles etc

A secret diary with a lock each, and some glittery gel pens

A lovely sketch book each, with some pastels and proper sketching pencils

Adopting an animal is a v good idea.

LancashirePudding Fri 18-Dec-15 21:07:14

Thank you so much everyone for all of your responses, I now feel spoilt for choice with ideas!

WorriedWoman1234 the reason I gave a rough budget is because there are other children in the extended family who I will be giving gifts to on the same day. It would't feel right to me to spend less on the two girls than the other children.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Fri 18-Dec-15 21:18:58

I would consider the Djeco French brand to be the absolute best when it comes to craft.

for anything else tk max!!!

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Fri 18-Dec-15 21:19:38

sorry x posted with ineed there.

there you go!!

SitsOnFence Fri 18-Dec-15 23:24:26

I expect that £30 worth of a Smiggle stationery would be very well received by both, if you happen to live near a Smiggle store. Online ordering can be a bit hit and miss though, so avoid the website if you need it by Christmas day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now