Talk

Advanced search

The Twitch

(20 Posts)
TinyPawz Fri 18-Dec-15 10:33:51

Anyone else suffering from this awful affliction?

My bank account is depleted

LineyReborn Fri 18-Dec-15 10:36:10

I will next week.

SinkyMalinks Fri 18-Dec-15 10:36:46

I'm now going back to things I decided not to buy (when I was still sane), and despairing because they're out of stock everywhere.

I am having to repeat to myself that no more is needed!

Squishyeyeballs Fri 18-Dec-15 10:41:51

There's a whole thread here somewhere dedicated to the twitch fgrin I've been good since my huge m&s splurge on Tuesday but there's a few bits I've been eyeing up going on sale on amazon today twitch twitch

DeltaZeta Fri 18-Dec-15 10:43:19

I twitched yesterday. DD wanted a Puppy Surprise for Christmas. It's a soft toy dog, with a pouch in its tummy that you open up to reveal 3, 4 or 5 puppies depending on your luck. I opened the box and DDs had 3 in. She is convinced that the one Santa gets her will have 5 because that's what she asked for.

You can buy a pack of extra puppies for £8 at toy shops but they are out of stock everywhere. So I just paid nearly £20 for one on eBay. 20 quid for 2 tiny puppies. And I promised myself I wouldn't twitch this year. hmm

Still, DD will be pleased.

TinyPawz Fri 18-Dec-15 11:36:54

Delta Santa has gone above and beyond there!

I need to gather everything in one place and get it wrapped. Then that is it. No more!

DP and I are doing a challenge next year to read a book a week, DD has over heard the plan and wants to join in. She's expecting Santa to provide the 52books!!!

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 18-Dec-15 11:43:34

deltazelta I know it's painful but I kind of love reading that sort of dedication to not disappointing a child's expectations fsmile

I twitched badly last year and did a last minute John Lewis raid on a toy polar bear he asked for at the last minute and a baby doll each. It was completely unnecessary, but actually the dolls have been much played with over the year so don't feel too bad.

I am done this year! they have enough and I've not been tempted so far. I got done really early though, so sort of already twitched at the beginning of the month when they got them to write a Christmas list at school (we didn't do one at home) and the only item to appear was a toy aeroplane that completely blindsided me.

Still a week to go though, staying strong.

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 18-Dec-15 11:47:47

tinypawz Dh and I did that challenge this year, as we had got out of the habit of reading at all and I'd only managed a measly 4 the previous year.

I got to 20 which I'm actually quite pleased with as some were pretty hefty and my children don't sleep through so I did concentrated bursts when I wasn't knackered. (It was probably more if you count Winnie the Pooh, My Naughty Little Sister etc, which I didn't) DH did 30 (has a kindle and a commute) We're on for the 50 next year now we're warmed up.

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Fri 18-Dec-15 12:02:15

I'm done now. It's not been too terrible. I have bought the DCs lots of clothes but they were in dire need anyway.

There's no massive present this year so they've got lots to open fblush

The fact that this year I am almost entirely reliant on online shopping is helping now I think - it's too close to risk delivery times now, so I'm not tempted to order anything else! Though the less said about the amount I've spent on Amazon since October, the better.

EmGee Fri 18-Dec-15 12:59:23

I'm resisting amazingly but twitched too much last year and it got silly. I have learnt my lesson. I am saving my money for the sales!

jamtartandcustard Fri 18-Dec-15 13:49:50

My bank account is empty and my credit card maxed out but twitching real bad. already mentally thinking about next Christmas

popcornpaws Fri 18-Dec-15 14:53:19

I am working sat, mon and tues and having friends and family round on wed night for a pre christmas party so that only leaves sunday free.
I have bought and wrapped everything.
I do not need anything else.
But i will go to the shops on sunday, just to browse, have a coffee etc and soak up the atmosphere, i will not be buying anymore...

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Fri 18-Dec-15 18:07:07

I don't think I'll be going to anymore shops now. I have a couple of foody presents to get but they can be done via grocery shop.

DH just phoned me from Sainsbury's where he's picking up milk, and he's twitching on Lego Mixels as they're £2 apparently. Will keep one for each DC's stocking and keep the rest for rewards during the year. He's also got to pick up the quiz prize (family tradition) in BHS and I bet he twitches there too!

lunar1 Fri 18-Dec-15 20:48:47

It's not helped me that last year my twitches were their most loved gifts! The tricky time for me now will be collecting my food order from the Trafford centre, I have to walk right past Game!

LBOCS2 Fri 18-Dec-15 21:22:16

I've started stocking twitching - a number of minifigures found their way into my trolley in Sainsburys earlier and I've already put in a special order for some cute mini toys to collect on Tuesday. Ugh...

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Fri 18-Dec-15 21:22:32

jam make a list for next year!!! I have loads of ideas now, it helps!

TinyPawz Fri 18-Dec-15 23:00:33

Good luck with that Popcorn

BrandNewAndImproved Fri 18-Dec-15 23:05:26

I twitched today.

Dc have 14 presents each but no toys so I've spent twenty quid each on toys and another twenty between them on smellies. I'm quite happy about it tbh but will regret it when they don't play with them and I'm slinging them out next October half term.

MummyPig24 Sat 19-Dec-15 06:33:50

Dh twitched last weekend so I'm trying hard not to. There's a million things I could buy the dcs though.

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Sat 19-Dec-15 08:35:01

Well I'm impressed, DH didn't twitch! He brought home something extra so I thought he had, but turns out it was the secret santa present for his work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now