Talk

Advanced search

Do you store your veg in the fridge or in a cupboard?

(8 Posts)
Squishyeyeballs Fri 18-Dec-15 10:05:46

Not a christmas question per se but it is christmas related. I usually store most of my veg in the salad box in the fridge, even though I know it doesn't explicitly need refrigeration. However, I need all the fridge room I can get for the next week to defrost/store turkey and lamb etc. So I'll probably relegate the veg to a cupboard for a few days. Where do you store yours?

penguinsarecool Fri 18-Dec-15 10:08:20

I don't think there is a wrong answer, but i store mine in the fridge.

Squishyeyeballs Fri 18-Dec-15 10:44:34

Yeah, I recontacted they'll be fine in the cupboard for a few days but it just sounds wrong in my head cos I'm used to having them in the fridge! My mam is of the 'we grew our own veg and stored it for months in the shed' era so she thinks I'm being silly for fretting about it. I suppose as long as I take them out of the plastic so that they can't sweat, they should be good.

recklessgran Fri 18-Dec-15 10:48:25

I keep mine in plastic crates in the garage- along with part baked rolls.Not enough room in the kitchen with all the other Christmas food and it's cooler in the garage than in the house.

bushtailadventures Fri 18-Dec-15 10:51:27

I keep veg in a wire trolley under the stairs,so in a cupboard, basically. I take them out of the plastic bags though,so they don't sweat. My Nan always kept veg in the pantry with no problems so I figure I'm doing the same.

LibidinousTurkey Fri 18-Dec-15 12:58:41

On my vegetable shelf in the kitchen. We don't have central heating though and our walls are thick stone so the kitchen is always quite cool.

Squishyeyeballs Fri 18-Dec-15 19:12:17

Ooh bushtail I'd never thought of putting them there, that's a good use of space fsmile Might do some rearranging in the new year and create a little pantry for myself fgrin

Artandco Fri 18-Dec-15 19:14:30

Fridge. Our flat is way too warm, they would be semi cooked otherwise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now