Talk

Advanced search

Present for parents who don't like anything....

(13 Posts)
somesortofmagic Fri 18-Dec-15 08:29:46

Been struggling to find a gift for my parents to finish off shopping for them - have about £15 left to spend on each of them after already getting books/dvds. They don't need food gifts due to health problems, same cancels out 'going out' type presents eg, tickets, they don't drink, their house is full of hoarded tat so ornaments etc wouldn't be a good idea. They can't 'do' gadgets and have no particular hobbies - argh!

traviata Fri 18-Dec-15 08:32:14

Radio Times subscription?

little radio (maybe to share?)

somesortofmagic Fri 18-Dec-15 08:38:05

RT subscription would be great but they have one already sad Not sure if they'd listen to a radio, all they do is watch tv, potter about the house and argue shock

defineme Fri 18-Dec-15 08:47:35

Bulbs in a nice container. Healthy food hamper-lakeland do one in a nice bag called fresh start I think. Book a spring clean with a cleaning company! Would they be able to get to the cinema if you took them? Those letterbox flower delivery. Socks/pants/slippers/dressing gown etc.

ZaZathecat Fri 18-Dec-15 08:47:48

If you've already got them books/DVDs and they don't need, want or like anything else just don't buy anything else?

somesortofmagic Fri 18-Dec-15 08:53:04

Thanks for all the ideas - ZaZa, DH has gone a little bit overboard on his parents so I'd feel a bit mean just doing books/dvds for mine

SSargassoSea Fri 18-Dec-15 08:59:01

Vouchers for local butcher? (no idea if they'd do them)
Bird table
Plant in tub for front door.
Nice bottle sherry

Woodhill Fri 18-Dec-15 09:02:22

Plants for the garden or a planter as someone else suggested?

ZaZathecat Fri 18-Dec-15 09:02:29

If they'll be opening them together I see your point. Erm.. a jigsaw?

2anddone Fri 18-Dec-15 11:46:22

Do you have children or nieces/nephews? How about a photo book of them for your parents to look at though tbf the first year my ds was born MIL announced she hoped they wouldn't be getting a photo every year!!

Geepee71 Fri 18-Dec-15 12:47:03

Could you do a box of foods they do eat? I've done a shopping hamper for parents before, and added diabetic chocolates and treats, and brands I already know they eat and enjoy?

d270r0 Fri 18-Dec-15 12:55:48

Netflix subscription andamazon fire/roku stick

RaisingSteam Fri 18-Dec-15 12:58:31

Flower arrangement in a basket/ Poinesettia type thing? Can be chucked out with a clear conscience in January grin

Photobook is a good one but probably a bit late for that now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now